The Missing/The Fall

'The Missing' is proving to be excellent - Nesbitt is superb!

'The Fall' started off promising, but is now getting a bit silly and tedious. I'll continue to watch though, if only for the indulgence that is Gillian Anderson!

[attachment=12513]

Attachments

• Anderson.jpg
    Anderson.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 31
Both coming to their denoument - I dont watch mutch telly but both are very good. The fall should really have ended last week but Missing has managed to keep the suspense going.

I have to watch any TV with subtitles and both these have been excellent from that point of view - I really dont think I could understand a word Gillian Anderson says without them.

Just catching up with House of Cards on Netflix which is also quality. It makes me wonder just how good the original would have been with today's production standards.

Really enjoying both. Just hope they don't let themselves down with ridiculous endings as seems to be the norm these days.

The only problem with The Missing is that I have to continually pause it to give SWMBO time to catch up with the time leaps!! Bless her.

The missing a great piece of TV final episode Tuesday can't wait, one of my favourite shows now in it's 4th series the American drama Homeland one of the best right up there with the Sappranos and Breaking Bad.

My wife and I are enjoying The Fall a lot and are looking forward to the finale on Thursday. We did not see season 1 when it first came out and luckily were able to catch it when they re-ran it before the second season started.

Not sure why you can't understand Gillian Anderson's accent UKRob? My wife doesn't like her accent and thinks that she sounds like Emma Thompson.

We have not been watching The Missing, but do have all of the episodes recorded and will watch them over the Christmas break :)

Adam D said:
Not sure why you can't understand Gillian Anderson's accent UKRob? My wife doesn't like her accent and thinks that she sounds like Emma Thompson.
I have a severe hearing loss in the mid and higher frequencies that cover speech - she seems to whisper a great deal - that means I just don't pick it up and have to use sub-titles. She's not on her own by any means - I don't get many female voices, apart from the singer in M People.:icon_razz:

UKRob said:
Adam D said:
I have a severe hearing loss in the mid and higher frequencies that cover speech - she seems to whisper a great deal - that means I just don't pick it up and have to use sub-titles. She's not on her own by any means - I don't get many female voices, apart from the singer in M People.:icon_razz:

Oh I see, thanks for the explanation, must be quite frustrating for you.

I have tinnitus, which has become worse over the years, and my high frequency response isn't as high as it used to be anymore :(

I use headphones these days - crank up the volume - but I'm off for a hearing test this afternoon - maybe tweak my hearing aids. I have huge mid-range drop out - industrial noise/engine rooms.

Back
Top Bottom