The "introduction"

By now I guess I do not need an introduction, I guess I am already the notoriously known as the "Post #1 PIF guy".

For the record I did not come to this forum with the purpose of snatching all the freebees though! And I did read a thread before I replied to CanucksTraveller's very nice PIF discussing a members opinion, that there should be a limit to how little investment one could make to the forum before harvesting all the free stuff. And I do agree to all that is mentioned in that thread!

So... I guess I will just have to change my notorious byline of "post #1 PIF guy" to "he who gives more than he collects". And here's how we are going to do that:

-Firstly, I will make it my mission on this forum to give more than I collect. I can assure you that I will not be the one with the largest amount of posts, or the fastest growing number of posts, not even close. But I will offer my help and opinion when I think it can help. I have a few threads in here where I know I can offer something, just did not have time to make the replies today (since I joined today and also had to work some).

Secondly, I will make my post #4 a PIF! This being my third post I hope to break two records on this forum today: Both fastest asking a PIF and fastest giving a PIF.

And lastly, here is the formal introduction:

Hi, i'm Max from Malmö Sweden.

Here is my shaving history in short:
I have been wet shaving since 1990, when I started removing thin specimen of hair on my face with a Sensor. Then I used hand soap for lather.
By 1996 I was drafted for the service, and at that time the standard issue was a Sensor Excel, now different types of canned goo was being applied. The quality of shaves, or lack there of, was the same.
By 1997 I was selected for training as a sergeant, and I believed that the extra attention to the beard reduction called for an electric shaver. I git tired of that one, it did not really shave close enough.But the irritation and ingrowns, ohh they were fine!
After I Resumed my studies Mach 3 was the latest fad, shaves really not being 50% better despite 50% more blades in the cartridge, so.....
After my studies I decided I must have done something wrong with the electric, so why not try another one, one that has a cleaning station and another mechanism. I mean it must be for those reasons it did not cut close, or there were irritation. A year after I was back at the Mach 3's, after all they were better.
By 2006 I had gone through the all the Gillette cartridges, and since now living in Bangladesh, I thought I would try these old type double edged blades they sold so many of. It was black Gillettes in a 100 % plastic handle, still canned goo. Nicks and cuts for breakfast everyday for a long time, irritation and razor burn equal to that of the four bladed Gillette.
OK, that was also wrong along came a new electric gizmo with a 3D flexing head! Wow, I have to try that!

And now its in the junk yard the whole lot!
One year ago I bought a Rooney Best Badger, a Merkur Progress, some Derby's, some TOBS Sandalwood soap and the TOBS sandalwood ASB. And my shaves have become better every day. I have added a very large blade sampler from Paul @ connaught shaving, and I am actually only about to finish with that sampling. Yes I am maybe overdoing the "finding the right blade thing". I found though, that with the Progress more aggressive is better for me, with less irritation. So my next project will be finding my preferred razor, starting with an open comb of some sort (NOT expecting a PIF)

I am also a member of Badger and Blade, and you will find me there with the same name, and a very modest post count. For me B&B is very fast, possibly due to its size and member count.

And if you read all through to here I thank you. After all I have stirred something inside you that made you read all to the end to see if I deserved the chance to redeem myself after the "Post #1 PIF" incident. I hope you find that in due time I might be known as a generally nice guy.

/Max

Hi and välkommen to TSR Max! :D Nice to see a fellow Swede here! PIF or no PIF, PM me your addy and I´ll PIF you an open comb DE, my God it´ll be nice to only pay for domestic shipping :lol: I do have an extremly agressive closed comb Swedish DE aswell, if you prefer that ...

Well clearly I've missed something

I Piffed 3 little mixed lots of blades and cologne samples... Max was in like Flynn and snapped up the first lot. He's very keen. :D
Some members asked him to come in here first and introduce himself, must admit this is the only forum I've ever seen that virtually insists that a first post should be an introduction.

Anyway I'll derail Max's thread no longer. Välkomnande till du!

CanucksTraveller said:
... this is the only forum I've ever seen that virtually insists that a first post should be an introduction.

Not quite - just we'd rather keep carpetbagging to a minimum. Far too many PIF tourists around in this area...

In fact, I'm pretty sure I've not made a welcome post myself... but with 4900 other random dribblings of mine out there I think it's a touch late now :D

Welcome Max.

It's interesting about the PIF comment (I had to read you other posts to see what you were referring to). You can get much information from just reading on forums nowadays. Especially when the forum has been in existence for some time. This does mean that all your questions will be answered, therefore meaning you don't need to post. Some forums I have looked at quite frequently have posts that may say "I have a problem with x can you help" only for a reply to be "have you tried the search function or see the FAQ's". This means newer members don't appear as active on the forum as the are reading content. I rarely post these days. Just read what people are saying.

I'm sure you will become a valued member

Back
Top Bottom