The Gentlemans Shop - Hungerford

Ids

Think in going to drop in here tomorrow as I'm transiting through to pick up a Duke2.
Think I might have my first barber shave, anyone been here before?

Anyone know if they do a TSR discount on goods or services or both?

I've not had a shave there, but beware - firstly of the door (mind your head!) and secondly of the shaving equivalent of Aladdin's cave when you walk in.

Prepare to give the credit card some exercise.

Regards

Ian

They are doing a 10% discount on the internet at the moment, don't know about it applying in the shop itself. Agree about the Aladdin's cave, be prepared to come out with twice what you went in for :hungrig :hungrig :hungrig

Beware this cabinet:

bs.jpg

RB73 said:
Couldn't have a smell of the new Woods of Windsor EdC they have in stock and give us your thoughts on it fella.
As it happens, I was stood outside Woods (in Windsor) recently, and I couldn't see anything whatsoever of a shaving related nature inside, so I didn't bother to go in. The place has changed out of all recognition, it used to be cluttered and crammed with all manner of stuff, but now it's a fashionably sparsely stocked boutique sort of shop, not the kind of place I'd feel comfortable at all.

RB73 said:
Good luck with resisting the temptation Mark,

Couldn't have a smell of the new Woods of Windsor EdC they have in stock and give us your thoughts on it fella.

I'll be happy to give it a smell, but I'm not very good at decribing smells, I just know if I like it or not.

Not a case of resisting temptation, my stash sale at the weekend was the budget and I didn't manage to sell it all so that set the limit low.

I had excellent visit today, had a hair cut but not a shave and had a really good rumage around smelling all I could, no more buying blind!

The shop itself was immaculate and very well presented and I had a nice conversation with Robert about products including his Coates and that more will be coming out before Christmas.

I'll certainly buy from there again.

Back
Top Bottom