The Fragrance Shop - Does Anyone Go There?

FJY

Hi Everyone!

This has been on my mind for a while now, so I thought that I would throw it out to you guys and see what you think.

A couple of years ago, a new shop opened in my town. It is called The Fragrance Shop, and it seems to be similar to The Perfume Shop, because it sells ladies' perfume, mens' aftershave and EDTs. Anyone who knows me will be aware that I am always a bit wary of shops that I do not know, so until now I have avoided shopping there. This is purely because it takes a while for me to build up trust in a new shop, which happens when I get to know them better. Plus, there are some very dubious reviews of them online, alleging that their stock seems "suspiciously cheap" and, in some alarming cases, they have been accused of selling fake products. I have always bought my EDTs and aftershave from places such as Boots, Superdrug and The Perfume Shop, because I know them and trust them better and I also have a rapport with some of their staff. Maybe this would also happen if I tried The Fragrance Shop but, as I said, I have not used them as yet and so I am still wary of spending my money there.

So...I wondered if any of you guys know this shop, are familiar with it, or have shopped there? If so, what are they like, and can they be trusted? Is their stuff genuine? Maybe I have just spent too much time reading online horror stories about them that may well be fabricated. I had hoped that some of you could put my mind at rest, one way or another. Please only respond to this thread if you HAVE previously shopped at The Fragrance Shop. I am only interested in honest, sincere answers. No time-wasters please.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards, as always.

FJY

+1 to this. Large company - you've got nothing to fear.

Most reviews stating fakes are generally from cockwombles who are recalling a scent from two decades previous that often have simply undergone a formulation change.
You are probably right. People do post a lot of crap online, most of which seems rather dubious. There's probably more fiction on the internet than there is in most bookshops. Thank you, anyway.

Never had a problem with this shop.
I'd imagine if they got caught selling snide products they would be closed down pretty sharpish .
I would have thought so, yes. Shops that sell dodgy stuff do usually tend to be closed down very quickly by Trading Standards. They do seem genuine, anyway, so I think that I'll give them a go. I think that I had spent too much time reading misleading and inaccurate reviews online.

Thank you.

I would have thought so, yes. Shops that sell dodgy stuff do usually tend to be closed down very quickly by Trading Standards. They do seem genuine, anyway, so I think that I'll give them a go. I think that I had spent too much time reading misleading and inaccurate reviews online.

Thank you.
It's been a while since I was last in my local one but one thing I realized was that if you went and had a look around just before the shop closed the staff would offer extra discount.
Not sure if it's still the case but maybe worth a try.

Reactions: FJY
It's been a while since I was last in my local one but one thing I realized was that if you went and had a look around just before the shop closed the staff would offer extra discount.
Not sure if it's still the case but maybe worth a try.

I didn't know that they did that. Maybe they offer a further discount as a last-minute bid to try and tempt you into buying something? I'm not usually around shops at that time of day, but you have certainly given me something to think about.

Thanks for that.

+1 to this. Large company - you've got nothing to fear.

Most reviews stating fakes are generally from cockwombles who are recalling a scent from two decades previous that often have simply undergone a formulation change.

... or disappointed with strength, projection and longevity having mistaken aftershave for EDT. I've seen that countless times in online reviews on All Beauty.

Back
Top Bottom