The Coconut Thread! (for coconut lovers only)

Ok, so might as well start off with a confession. I am a coconut junkie. Yes. Anything with coconut rocks my boat. Eat it, drink it or wash your hair with it (so versatile!). Basically, I am interested to hear what your favourite coconut shaving cream is and why? I've seen a couple of them around in the shops, but I am sure that there are more out there and I am interested to try them all. So, let's get a list started:)

Northam Saint said:
Vitos Extra Super, lovely stuff super lather. As for eating coconut, the stuff it doesn't like me !

I own a puck of that Vitos and did'nt find yet the coconut scent... it smells like most 1 kg italian soap: almond.

The only real and strong coconut scent shaving cream I have tested is Geo F. Trumper one (and is by far the best in Trumper range IMHO)

Cheers!

Gigahurtz said:
Pig Cat said:
Prof Blighty does a good coconut cream.

Cream? Shaving cream or balm? Only seen shave soaps from the Prof.

I am intrigued.

Hmmmm...my memory must be crap. I was convinced the coconut cream I had of PB was a thick cream. He only has glycerin soaps listed on his eBay page. You could always PM him to check.

Hiya,

You'd think that most coconut scented soaps/creams would pretty much smell the same, but that's not the case. You got some with floral notes, sweet notes, or other notes added to give it a sorta 'suntan lotion' kinda flavor. Personnally I prefer a straight ahead coconut frag, but that's just me.

I can't speak for any creams, but the best all around coconut soap I've tried is made by JoAnna over at The Shave Den, Nice medium strength scent that lasts throught the shave, which is always pleasant. Definitely better than average performance with a reasonable price of $7 per 4 ounce refill puck. This is a meltable one if needed.

I've actually used it a bunch in the last few weeks since finally reordering some.

Martin

A coconut shaving cream is something that is missing from my 'two decades worth' supply of software and I've wanted one for a while.

Dear oh dear. Another acquisition primate acquired!

Tall_Paul said:
A coconut shaving cream is something that is missing from my 'two decades worth' supply of software and I've wanted one for a while.

Dear oh dear. Another acquisition primate acquired!

What's doin buddy,

If you're expecting a nice blast of coconut, the Trumpers may not be what you're looking for. Yeah, it's gotta kinda coconut scent to it, but it's almost like an afterthought. Very wispy and hard to catch a whiff of during the shave. Good performer though.

Strange, but I can't recall many creams in that scent. I know JoAnna makes one but I've never tried her creams. I know lots of people who make coconut soaps though. Weird eh?

I'm happy to send you out a chunk of what I'm using. I'll extend that offer to the OP as well, since he started the thread. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the stuff.

You guys can pm me if interested,

Martin

One of my favourite shaving creams is Erasmic, but the older Jordan made cream which has coconut oil in it, not the more recent 'new improved' version which doesn't.

I managed to pick up the last tube in a local pharmacy earlier this year and I'm always on the lookout for it.

I would give a massive thunbs up performance wise for the Vito's super Coconut & Almond, only trouble they should rename it super Almond, now i have a great nose but for the life of me there cannot be any coconut in that soft soap. Still it's the best performing soft soap i've ever used.

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom