The Budget

The only thing I would add is that they could have made quite a saving by cutting Child benefit for, say, families with an income of over £60,000....that's surely not too harsh?? It is a form of benefit at the end of the day, so why should wealthy people be entitled to it? It's not as if we need to encourage more children being born at the present time.
I know that one original justification for child benefit not being means tested was to protect children with fathers who went and drank every penny and gave nothing to the stay at home wife to buy food. But if a man is so domineering and without morals as to leave the wife with literally not enough to feed the kids, then he's probably going to take the Child Benefit as well anyway.
The money thus saved could be used to help low income families more, or just to pay off the debt quicker.

Rev-O said:
I'm vexed that Trident is still getting money.

And the EU.

Big savings to be made by pulling of those two projects for a start.

Well one of them... the other one is about the only thing that is keeping this country afloat - even though notionally we're net contributors to it, the opportunities for trade are there - it's just there are too many "little Englanders" doing business that have no clue.

If the EU wasn't there, we'd be competing with Albania - and if you've ever been there, you'll know that's not a competition you want to be in.

We sell bags and greetings cards at my work with this on it.........

16885.jpeg

I guess I agree. Got to find the equilibrium somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom