The Bluebeards Revenge shaving cream

Just shaved with a sample pack of the Bluebeards revenge shaving cream
For the first time.... Not bad at all not sure if I will buy a tub to give it a bash:icon_neutral: .
50s fat handle tech
Large bowl thiers issard brush
Wilkinson sword blade.
Sandlewood skin food to finish. :)

John said:
For the first time.... Not bad at all not sure if I will buy a tub to give it a bash:icon_neutral: .
50s fat handle tech
Wilkinson sword blade.

I agree it performs well, due mainly I think to the fact that it contains a surfactant which boosts foam. Is it expensive, comparatively?

cassia said:
John said:
50s fat handle tech
Wilkinson sword blade.

I agree it performs well, due mainly I think to the fact that it contains a surfactant which boosts foam. Is it expensive, comparatively?
I may be tempted to get some later then see how it goes as I can't tell buy the 20ml freebie :rolleyes:

I've used it for a while now a little goes a long way last me a bout 8 months and it does slow down beard growth Ive had a goatee for a long time and just shaved it off and where the beard was grows way faster than my cheeks where I have been using the bluebeards.

RobinHood68 said:
I've used it for a while now a little goes a long way last me a bout 8 months and it does slow down beard growth Ive had a goatee for a long time and just shaved it off and where the beard was grows way faster than my cheeks where I have been using the bluebeards.

A goatee a,I wish I could grow one,but I have grey in my beard,and would look crap on me. I hope Bluebeards don't slowdown my shaving antics as that would spoil my *me time* .

John said:
RobinHood68 said:

A goatee a,I wish I could grow one,but I have grey in my beard,and would look crap on me. I hope Bluebeards don't slowdown my shaving antics as that would spoil my *me time* .

Call me week if you like but just ordered some Bluebeards revenge shaving cream from the shaving shack, and got a free pack of 10 fether de blades, will be watching that post woman like a hawk:)

cruciate said:
Love this stuff. And it doesn't really mean you shave less, you just look good for longer!
I was a hard soap man until I tried this stuff. :)

Fantastic,it's always nice to see somebody finding something that makes their shave more comfy. Shaving cream is what I shave with most of the time. I do use soap but only with my straght razor:)

cruciate said:
Love this stuff. And it doesn't really mean you shave less, you just look good for longer!
I was a hard soap man until I tried this stuff. :)

Exactly my thoughts too.

I shave every 2 days to give my skin one days rest. Bluebeards kept me tidy that little longer when compared to ore bluebeards I was looking that little bit too stubbly.

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't get on with this cream?

I ask as I never see any negative comments about it. I PIF'd my tub on ages ago, but found it generated a very thin lather that dried out very quickly and hardly had any lubrication. My razor skipped and jumped all over my face and God only knows how I didn't do myself a serious injury.

I thought it was me and had got the cream:water ratio all wrong, so tried again with more cream and less water = same result. Tried again with a stronger cream mixture, same result. Got bored with it at that point and resorted to Proraso (no issues).

Anyone else experience this? did I get a duff batch?

Jules

I got mine from theshavingshack.com and got it for £14.99 for180ml,+free gift(my choice was a pack of feather blades), or £9.99 for 100ml

Julese34 said:
Am I the only person in the world that doesn't get on with this cream?

I ask as I never see any negative comments about it. I PIF'd my tub on ages ago, but found it generated a very thin lather that dried out very quickly and hardly had any lubrication. My razor skipped and jumped all over my face and God only knows how I didn't do myself a serious injury.

I thought it was me and had got the cream:water ratio all wrong, so tried again with more cream and less water = same result. Tried again with a stronger cream mixture, same result. Got bored with it at that point and resorted to Proraso (no issues).

Anyone else experience this? did I get a duff batch?

Jules

Hi, I don't think you got a duff batch, I like to put a few drops of E-oil or sandlewood skin food when lathering. I generally do this with all shaving creams that I use, as I found a similar problem you had ( I cut my self,but not to badly) I have noticed with other people's skin types difrent shaving creams/ soaps can dry out during shaving.soap dries out on my face very quickly so I tend to top up the water in the soap when using that.Its funny that I have to consciously rember to do that or I will have a ruff ride.;-)

Back
Top Bottom