The Ashes in Australia

Here we go again. Every time I wake during the night I'll not be able to resist checking the score. And I'll be getting up even earlier than usual to see the closing of the day's play.

England to retain the Ashes? No assumptions here.

I think they will retain them Peter - maybe not so convincingly as last time, but I think England man for man have the advantage and I don't see Australia having a match winning bowler at the moment.

Now having said that, will Mitchell Johnson prove me wrong?

just one more over before going to bed fido, 3 hours later you have to have to have two hours sleep before work

he bowls to the left he bowls to the right

I love listening to the overnight games, staying up as late as I can bare and nodding off to TMS and waking up to the action and the new scoreline.

I've a pillow speaker for such occasions which is a passion killer but avoids me strangling myself on an earpiece or being ejected from the room entirely.

UKRob said:
I think they will retain them Peter - maybe not so convincingly as last time, but I think England man for man have the advantage and I don't see Australia having a match winning bowler at the moment.

Now having said that, will Mitchell Johnson prove me wrong?

Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings...

antdad said:
...that is what I'd call hedging your bet.

Not really Tony. Johnson is a confidence bowler and although he'd been bowling well leading up to the first test there's always the possibility that he will have a session of stinkers. He started off conceding lots in his first 6 overs but it seems that once his confidence is up it transforms him.

Back
Top Bottom