Thayers Superhazel & Witch Hazel & more...

Not sure if anyone is interested in the above, spotted it for sale and available to us - thought it was of interest mostly because our transatlantic friends rave about it.

Anyway iHerb sell it for quite attractive prices and with a $4 flat shipping charge for packages under 3lb in weight.... They also offer to ship via DHL starting from $12 (which is actually a surprisingly cost-effective way to do it if you're ordering a heap of stuff compared to Royal Mail - since DHL have a special cheap tariff on customs clearance fees for delivering to home addresses - see here). Of course being DHL means it'll be a Day-and-a-Half Late (or Dropped it, Hit it, Lost it or any one of 930 other derogatory terms) - but better to pay 2% of the value as clearance fees (min £1.25) than flat rate £8 (unless you're shipping in £450 worth :lol: )

I doubt a group buy is a particularly good idea because of the onward postage costs (beats me how they can make any money at all on a 3lb package of $20 worth of witch hazel for $4 post looking at the USPS rate for that)

There's a $5 off coupon available too (for first orders at least) - WAG705

Thayers, Original Witch Hazel Astringent with Aloe Vera Formula, 12 fl oz (355 ml)
Thayers, After Shave Witch Hazel, 4 fl oz (118 ml)
Thayers, Medicated Superhazel with Aloe Vera Formula, Topical Pain Reliever, 12 fl oz (355 ml)

Next time I'll dip into the flavoured ones - want to see what all the fuss is about without the added confusion of smell first.

I have to admit I like the Thayers, I spotted one of the Aussie chaps on B&B mention
iherb's shipping and I put my first order in 3 months back and now use the Thayers almost
daily. I picked up a small empty spray bottle in Boots which I fill with whichever flavour of
Thayers I currently have on the go. Small parcels from iherb only cost a couple of quid postage and delivery is under a week. I've placed 4 orders with them to date and no customs hassle yet.

The only one I've bought that I wont buy again is the topical pain reliver one as I find it a tad strong for using on the face.

hunnymonster said:
Well it's arrived - first thing I note is that the behaviour of the Superhazel and the Original WH is different in the bottle to the standard Witch Hazel BPC we get here (it has bubbles on top and in an hour or more they've not collapsed)

In a guide to how exciting life is in these parts, it took almost 48 hours for the bubbles to collapse on the Superhazel and the Original Witchhazel :)

Loving the Witch Hazel Aftershave - in performance it's very much like the Boots Teatree & Witch Hazel - but with far fewer synthetics listed on the label and much less smell. I'll definitely be ordering up some more of that, and probably from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iherb.com">http://www.iherb.com</a><!-- m --> again.

fozz77 said:
hunnymonster said:
fozz77 said:
How are you finding the Thayers, Original Witch Hazel Astringent with Aloe Vera Formula?

I quite like the stuff.

As part of my OCD about not having too many things open, it's sat untried as yet :lol:

OCD?

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - I don't like lots of things on the go at once... although right now I have Tabac, JL Shaving Soap, Woods of Windsor, Omega, Proraso White & TOBS Almond open - so that's not going well for my OCD :lol:

I thought you would have an episode with that many on the go HM. Seems like a breaktrough to me. Despite being a serial soap user with so many on the go I still have managed to leave the MWF intact but I am getting closer to the bottom of a couple of soaps so look forward to breaking open some new ones soon.

Back
Top Bottom