That was interesting....

I recently acquired a job lot of razors, and in amongst them were three 'Valet' razors (all SE autostrop jobbies) All were unboxed- razors only. But all three are in amazing condition, pretty much like new.

Two have little swing out clips to hold the blade, one is an open comb, the other is a closed comb. The last one has a side swing out clip to hold the blade (this is a open comb)

Anyhow, the plan is to move them on, but having done a bit of research it seems that Feather SE blades would fit them. So I ordered some......

So it had to be done- 30 mins ago I tried a shave with the OC swing out clip model.

Very nice- very smooth and comfortable, quite easy to get the angle right. Ok- it wasn't a BBS shave but without doubt a DFS at the 1st attempt. Think I'll be keeping this one!

Tony.T said:
I recently acquired a job lot of razors, and in amongst them were three 'Valet' razors (all SE autostrop jobbies) All were unboxed- razors only. But all three are in amazing condition, pretty much like new.

Two have little swing out clips to hold the blade, one is an open comb, the other is a closed comb. The last one has a side swing out clip to hold the blade (this is a open comb)

Anyhow, the plan is to move them on, but having done a bit of research it seems that Feather SE blades would fit them. So I ordered some......

So it had to be done- 30 mins ago I tried a shave with the OC swing out clip model.

Very nice- very smooth and comfortable, quite easy to get the angle right. Ok- it wasn't a BBS shave but without doubt a DFS at the 1st attempt. Think I'll be keeping this one!

SE shaving definitely requires a different technique, certainly in the angle. Also the blades are generally less forgiving I've found. I've found the Gem Micromatic OC to be a fantastic little razor for me.

If and when you do look to move them on I'll certainly be interested...

Jon

jds said:
Tony.T said:

SE shaving definitely requires a different technique, certainly in the angle. Also the blades are generally less forgiving I've found. I've found the Gem Micromatic OC to be a fantastic little razor for me.

If and when you do look to move them on I'll certainly be interested...

Jon

Back
Top Bottom