Thanksgiving

Well happy thanksgiving to one and all.
So today we gave the kids a choice on thanksgiving supper and turkey is out and tonight we have Japanese chicken and gyoza dumplins below is recipe for both, So enjoy your thanksgiving

Makes 4 skewers, This takes only 5-6 minutes to cook, not including the marinating time, and can be prepped the night before.

1 raw skinned chicken breast, about 120g / 4 oz
The marinade:

2 Tbs. soy sauce
1/2 Tbs. lime juice
1/2 Tbs. xiaoxing wine (available at Chinese or general Asian grocery stores; substitute sake or sherry if you don’t have it)
About 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
Red chili pepper flakes, to taste
A pinch of sugar (about 1/4 tsp.)
A few drops of fish sauce (optional; available at Thai or general Asian grocery stores)

oil for cooking, about 1 Tbs.

Cut the chicken breast into 4 strips lengthwise. Thread them onto skewers. The trick is to sort of fold the pieces accordion-style, and to skewer them through the folds.
Combine the marinade ingredients. Marinade the skewered chicken for at least 5 minutes, ideally about an hour. You can marinate it overnight.
You can grill the skewers, or just cook them in a frying pan.The chicken only takes a 2 to 3 minutes per side to cook.Pour in the marinade to glaze the chicken.

Gyoza Dumplings:
2 Chinese cabbage
Minced pork 400-500g
Nira ( garlic chive ) 1 bunch
Ginger 1 thumb
1 Egg
1 Table spoon of flour
Salt and pepper

*Until here is my recipe. But you can also add..

Soy sauce 2Tsp
Sugar 1Tsp
Sesame oil 2 Tsp
Sake 1 Tsp
Miso 2Tsp

1: Chop Chinese cabbages , add 1-2 Tsp salt and then leave 10min.
2: Drain all the water out from the cabbage , add chopped Nira , egg , flour , salt
and pepper.

* You can add the rest of seasoning here if you like.

3: Mix by hand until it gets sticky.

4: Wrap this in dumpling sheet.

Dipping sauce:

Soy sause 3
Lemon Juice 1
Sake 1
Vinegar 1 ( I use Japanese vinegar for Sushi rice )
Mirin 2

Put all into the pan and boil for 5min.

Ah well, this is as good a day as any for dedicated DE wet shavers to give thanks for King Camp Gillette & the vision which came to him by night in his dreams.
(Also for his fine marketing idea of donating a razor to American troops being outfitted for their entry into the 1st World War).

JohnnyO. ;)

moodymick said:
Thanksgiving? Think you're on the wrong forum there :?
And there was me thinking this was a multi-national forum that did not discriminant unlike another forum where if you don't live there you banned :?: And as I joint parentage and my wife is Canadian we still enjoy the holiday weekends. Also there maybe other Canadians that visit this site or living in the UK (God forbid) :lol:
And after all if it where a UK site site alone where would the likes of people like french blade go ;)

over5feet said:
moodymick said:
And there was me thinking this was a multi-national forum that did not discriminant unlike another forum where if you don't live there you banned :?: And as I joint parentage and my wife is Canadian we still enjoy the holiday weekends. Also there maybe other Canadians that visit this site or living in the UK (God forbid) :lol:
And after all if it where a UK site site alone where would the likes of people like french blade go ;)
It is not for me to speak for Moody Mick, but perhaps you haven't noticed we're big on irony here! ;)
And may I take this opportunity to wish you and yours a happy thanksgiving :)

SirPrize said:
over5feet said:
moodymick said:
It is not for me to speak for Moody Mick, but perhaps you haven't noticed we're big on irony here! ;)
And may I take this opportunity to wish you and yours a happy thanksgiving :)

Thank you M'Lud ;)

Do they have Vagina Day too? :? I would google it, but I am at work and the internet nazi's will be waiting for me and I'm supposed to be writing someones assessment at the moment.

The more i think about this, the more i believe we should have a Vagina Appreciation Day. :D

I think i will mention it to my mate Bruce - I know he has a particular infinity towards them :eek:

Erm, far be it from me to deprive anyone else of a culinary delicacy, however most Friday evenings Fish & Chips with a deep fried Mars Bar & a wee skoosh of Irn Bru are used to celebrate the traditional Glasgow "Hooray It's the Weekend" day.

JohnnyO. ;)

moodymick said:
Do they have Vagina Day too? :?
You could always say it's someone's name. :D
I gather that in Hinduism there is a Lingham/Yoni celebration, the belief being that they are harmoniously complimentary to one another.
Which is fair comment.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Had to Google it as I was confused. Didn't realise this holiday occurred in Canada too, albeit a different date.

Happy holidays

Back
Top Bottom