Tell me a bit about the Aristocrat

dodgy said:
antdad said:
I like my '34 too Martin, assuming you mean the English Aristocrat's other than being rhodium plated they're not that special to me as shavers at least.

The same heads are actually available on other less revered razors which I personally prefer especially the thiner handled versions of the aristocrat junior, poplar and the knurl pattern of the #58, that's just me though.

What's doin Tony,

I probably shoulda mentioned the #16 is the only UK made Aristo I've tried. From what I understand it's got a heavier baseplate than most others, which most likely contributes to it's 80g weight.

I know Slimbo's tried a #66 and maybe a #58 also and neither of those grabeed him all that much. There's a #16 on it's way to him, so maybe he'll be able to comment better on that particular model and any differences it may have from those other two models. Whewwww, long sentence.

I like the extra weight that the #16 carries....might make it a little more aggressive than what might be usual for that type of razor, but I can't say for sure. Have you tried the #16 and noticed any difference?

One thing I really like about that 1934 type is how mild it is for an OC type. Yeah, I even use one in my rotation.

Martin

You also tried a '39 Popular which if memory serves me right you were quite taken with..............:angel::angel:

missingskin said:
You also tried a '39 Popular which if memory serves me right you were quite taken with..............:angel::angel:

Hey, it's my old buddy Pissingdrunk,

Yeah, that's right....I did use the Popular you were kind enough to loan me a while back. I remember thinking how nice it was and that two or maybe even three of the teeth weren't bent too badly. Sorta what the Limeys are known for......

For some reason I think of the Popular more like the Sheraton/Senator US made Gillettes. Heh, maybe it's because they're similar in some ways, although the Popular's a nicer looking piece. In any case, I like the way all three of those shave.

Thanks for helping that Popular experience float to the surface again. Sheeesh, my brain really is squishy

Mmmmmm Aristocrat...... Drools like Homer.
Hey Marvin is right about what I have tried.
The # 66 is a looker that didn't deliver. That said I still have sellers remorse. Itsza beauty.
The #58 in the redbox I think is even purdier and for what ever reason is a better shaver.
My junior with the solid baseplate is the best performer. I guess the head is marginally more aggressive. Certainly the solid baseplate makes it one lovely sucker to hold.
My 1955 USA aristocrat is a good Performer but noisy as hell for some reason.
Then the aristo adjustable is a slim. As mentioned the heads on the uk ones are very very similar. With only minor differences for me.
Pick of the bunch.
Junior.
Damn wish I hadn't sold that #66.
Well traded.
Well I had too. I took off my foil hat. The rays got in, sent me messages and there.
Aristocrat Jnr appeared.
Yrs. Slimbo.

Back
Top Bottom