Ted Baker shave cream

Has anyone seen this stuff in Boots? It's part of a new range that ties in with Ted Baker's 'Grooming Room' barbershop chain. I couldn't resist the temptation to buy some, along with a tube of the accompanying scrub.

The packaging looks pretty cool - stylish but classy. But if you prefer the more usual tub or tube, the pump bottle format may not be to your liking. The product itself seems a bit runnier than most of the classic brands I've tried, and didn't generate the same instantly-explosive lather as Proraso, the three Ts or Bluebeard's. I had to work it for a good few minutes, but my patience was rewarded and a few squirts of the cream generated enough lather for two passes.

Checking out the ingredients, I see the familiar glycerin and fatty acids, and also a couple of surfactants (Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate and Lauryl Glucoside) which I guess must be in there to boost the cream's lathering characteristics. The product has a pleasant scent which seems to be a signature across the range. I'd describe it as citrusy / spicy - it certainly received good feedback from the wife!

All in all, a very decent product and it's good to see brush shaving creams making a return on the High Street.

Definitely a brush cream, the directions advise you to "spread evenly on a brush and work in a circular motion to build up thick foam." The product is a tie-in with the Turkish barbers of Ted's Grooming Room, so presumably they needed something with a traditional feel.

Just bringing this back to life briefly. Went into Boots today and had a crafty sniff. Both the shave cream and the after shave balm seem OK and one for a list of possibles if/when I get bored with TOBS. Definitely has instructions to use a brush with the shave cream.

They have a couple of gift sets for christmas part of the buy 3 pay for 2 deal. Mrs did a load of christmas shopping and brought it home for me FREE

Towel
Shave gel ( straight in travel bag)
Natural bristle brush ( don't like as bristles too long )
And a really nice shaving mug (easily took 3 grated Palmolive sticks)

An average set for 18£ but ok for free

They do a bigger set with more stuff in too

Back
Top Bottom