Tech June-kies 2024

This year I'll be kicking off with my personal favourite, the Hybrid Tech and then rolling into a month of some others from my collection ensuring that I use my trusty pre-War American and post-War counterpart, some nice stamped heads, a flat-bottom with long slot, my open comb (cue religious argument about whether or not it's a Tech), a bakelite model and of course a lightweight model with aluminium plate and handle, which somehow is way better than we suppose it should be.

What do you guys have lined up?

Damn! I spoiled it by starting a few days early.
Nevermind I'll quickly switch to something else and come back to the new cerakoted Tech next week.
I only have the one so it's going to be a journey of rediscovery how good Techs really are!

I'm in. last year I had two techs, now I have five.

I'd just got a NOS 70s spiral tech with aluminium handle and I already had a MIC super blue head on a 40s hollow service set handle. I used them through June wth the same brush, cream and aftershave and tried different blades.

In the past couple of months, I've gotten a boxed ball end No24 with aluminium plate and handle, a spiral with aluminium plate and handle and a fat handle in a bakelite box.

I should stop there but the other two I'd like to try are the fat handled flat bottom and the all brass ball end.

lovely things all of them. great, smooth, comfortable shavers. looking forward to another June of great tech shaves.

2024-05-17-11-52-03-935~4.jpg

... and we're off!!!

Kicking off Tech June-kies 2024 with my favourite of all the Techs, the posh flat-bottom known as the Hybrid.

Saturday 1st June

AP1GczMAbpTgBzItQqfkToVUz8-QRPiNCOP9BTSwoR66guxBBzXPKw7D5MTjwKRdWrJ2VLDtAqv5knRsWS4jNwgLq6psp9DRJJun2mn3HzYJoniSiL76D_nJPG2YMF7cg5G33ynBtLdODB12GIH7mC4w0RniWQ=w800

The White Company Aspen Shaving Bowl & Omega 10108 w/DSC Neon Handle
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Stainless Handle & BIC Chrome Platinum
Ach Brito Agua de Colonia Antigua

Thursday 6th June

AP1GczOM38tTPlAwz-z5Lgco2dGa3ehLUD3cQXwgejaHl8mkTtabMNbh1sqXNGOmE3KbVtWqDOvHhmXm285abHIk-4jMYAyJ7dvKASCXAo25l1c7cGDsnKVLMs3uWlFCJKzgxKcGzse2mxwLJD3VNWdYwpzD0Q=w800

Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Shave Factory (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (pre-War Brass) & Gillette Silver Blue Stainless (1)
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Aftershave

Carrying on with the same soap, brush and razor setup with a switch from the Chinese Gillette Super Blue to the Russian Gillette Silver Blue.

Friday 7th June

AP1GczNVc0qxGk34ylUW95aT3zEK92Z35P-Ewo2tlo-srOTTZqmHHMCV9pOdRKm6aYmgd0c08o4nncza2WhB6h0yGJ6k4YeFB21y_Sv6bLk7GINQiHANIPJPQoLzhBiQRj4VcXUAP2WYYpJzMWDEBBM9sxz_KA=w800

Imperial Leather (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Shave Factory (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (pre-War Brass) & Gillette Silver Blue Stainless (2)
Imperial Leather (Vintage) Aftershave

I've really enjoyed using this pre-War Tech with the lovely red brass cap (and handle). I'll be switching to a post-War Tech for the weekend, one from 1951 which was the first year of date codes for the Tech.

Sunday 9th June

AP1GczMfx3X1T-wzJGGj6F-d909SbK5g1HnkQhZ7KgPuIknCQJpnJ9c2qiqX_cOvgzqqZVHtfKLinIdMo_77V1MUqrm2moL6CGaWBMHWlf6CPkURyKA2QTuHpXSdBkX1QvBMc-lRTQKhRAjabo9m2XAAx3BxCw=w800

TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (post-War W1) & Gillette Silver Blue Stainless (4)
Imperial Leather Classic (Vintage) Aftershave

Fun using this post-War Tech over the weekend as a counter-point to last week with the pre-War. Next week, it'll be into the 1940s and I had a nice British flat-bottomed example lined up with the bakelite version for the weekend but I've decided to flip that around and use the less-picked bakelite model for the week.

Back
Top Bottom