Tech June-kies 2023

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander Black brush.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat.
Razors Gillette Aluminium and Zamac Candy cane handle Tech and the Leaf.
Blade Gillette Black Winner.
Aftershave Balm Nivea post shave balm.

It's been the same set up all week.
Unfortunately this will be my last Tech shave this month because I was informed last night that the pass around Razor has been posted today to me, so I can't complete the Tech month, due to only having 2 weeks with it once it arrives.
It's been fun, have a great weekend Tech June-kies.

Last edited:
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander Black brush.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat.
Razors Gillette Aluminium and Zemak Candy cane handle Tech and the Leaf.
Blade Gillette Black Winner.
Aftershave Balm Nivea post shave balm.

It's been the same set up all week.
Unfortunately this will be my last Tech shave this month because I was informed last night that the pass around Razor has been posted today to me, so I can't complete the Tech month, due to only having 2 weeks with it once it arrives.
It's been fun, have a great weekend Tech June-kies.
Zinc, Aluminum, Magnesium, And Copper - Zamac, although Zamak is also correct as it was a German brand name for Zink, Aluminium, Magnesium And Kupfer.

Saturday 24th June

AJFCJaXOqTZPU7HF1zpu-FDJjXN_igjiOlWcINhqty5xMXEkuC8yN7H4V2GQKWVtJhK2ghaICUBVHyS2s15iK8wzx5wSQMpZuIw3uf6xNPRyGXeStG-bvNdCK_oKiBAOupuKTVo85v61SySYhl7E7su1imPMpQ=w800

Tabac (Veg) Shaving Soap & Omega 10106 Pure Bristle
Gillette Open Comb Tech* (1960s British) & Gillette Rhino (1)
Tabac Cologne (as Aftershave)

Tabac was such a good choice for a hot day like today ... not.

Still, highly enjoyable shave with this open comb Gillette Tech continuing my run through the Tech model and specifically the 1960s this week.

*Nit-pick that Mr Trivial Details @TobyC

Saturday 24th June

AJFCJaXOqTZPU7HF1zpu-FDJjXN_igjiOlWcINhqty5xMXEkuC8yN7H4V2GQKWVtJhK2ghaICUBVHyS2s15iK8wzx5wSQMpZuIw3uf6xNPRyGXeStG-bvNdCK_oKiBAOupuKTVo85v61SySYhl7E7su1imPMpQ=w800

Tabac (Veg) Shaving Soap & Omega 10106 Pure Bristle
Gillette Open Comb Tech* (1960s British) & Gillette Rhino (1)
Tabac Cologne (as Aftershave)

Tabac was such a good choice for a hot day like today ... not.

Still, highly enjoyable shave with this open comb Gillette Tech continuing my run through the Tech model and specifically the 1960s this week.

*Nit-pick that Mr Trivial Details @TobyC
In the pic it looks like you're using half a blade. :unsure:

Sunday 25th June

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Veg) Shaving Soap & Omega 10106 Pure Bristle
Gillette Open Comb Tech (1960s British) & Gillette Rhino (2)
Tabac Aftershave

Bringing to an end a programmed run through the Gillette Tech, which I started a week with the pre-War, then a week with the 1940s models, then 1950s and this last week the 1960s. I still have a few days of June left and so I'll be running a blade through a few wildcards - the Milady Tech, the Psycho Tech and one or two other interesting models.

Monday 26th June

AJFCJaVNSOeneL8b2j2qaY2J5rIs24AzHur_y9LoVPPjGDcsxn4pCUXIgVrbaZaE4LuUdhs4MND0FiAESG1tl0ZE9slBwUU1ib61H_eKxtuWLMgooyPFj-CwgrHc-VDYLCx-mmU9b9HHS9qcbYHqoDwbCSKDQg=w800

Rolls Razor (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Ever-Ready 600N Lucite w/Tuxedo Synthetic 26mm
Gillette Tech (British 1940s Ridged Comb) & Gillette Winner (1)
Blue Stratos Aftershave

Wildcard week ...

Cracking shave with this oddity Tech which bears all the hallmarks of the 1940s British flat-bottomed model but with teh ridged comb from the 1950s onwards model. Given the Gillette stamp is on the same part of the baseplate as the 'New' that preceded it rather than on the opposite side of the baseplate as per most such flat-bottomed Techs, I guess it's from the earlier period ... but with the later artefact gives me the idea that Gillette might just have been trying something out and some years later made it standard.

We had a chat about is here: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/curious-detail-on-this-gillette-tech.52313/

Sachin Tendulkar gives the combo the thumbs up!

Back
Top Bottom