Tech June-kies 2023

I still say the OLD is the best razor ever made, and the one everything made since is trying to emulate.

I can see what you mean. The way the OLD clamps the blade and the absolute lack of blade chatter, make it a very smooth razor in the shave.

It's taken me a number of years to appreciate how great the design is. I think I only really appreciated how great the OLD is after using a few TTO's. I have a few Rockets and they look beautiful, but I can't quite get to grips with how they perform in the shave. I'll give them time though!

12/6/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Florena
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom Tech on Yaqi Handle
Blade - Sharp Titanium (3)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Makler Celebration

View attachment 107330
View attachment 107331
Right here we go with my addiction to the Tech June-kies team, after my mistake yesterday.
Here we have my shiny Gillette Fat Handle Tech , English version.
Some people believe this is where the Tech was at it's finest but I am not so sure I agree with that personally.
Have a cracking evening Gents.
The US and Canadian early Techs were the pinnacle!

View attachment 107330
View attachment 107331
Right here we go with my addiction to the Tech June-kies team, after my mistake yesterday.
Here we have my shiny Gillette Fat Handle Tech , English version.
Some people believe this is where the Tech was at it's finest but I am not so sure I agree with that personally.
Have a cracking evening Gents.

I'm in agreement. The English Flat Bottom variant is my least favourite of the English Techs I have. The ones that Toby mention are supposed to be great, but I don't have one of those.

Monday 12th June

AJFCJaVOR58hmx8WIx627mmtbTXA-7rpRUPw91fPMPAjPIZ5CkiA-0keCXt6Sfzpmaay0Y6e9iqTaZR93y_fwzoMEvIE2a9P7nIaChLvx-HKHTRdfAFzNCyTVFf2PUFRz2pZayqMjVKKjj10NwRM7IereEtwEQ=w800

T&H Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Razorock Hive Mokasoft Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Tech (1950s British) & Gillette London Bridge (1)
Sabri Tuncer Tobacco Cologne (as Aftershave)

My setup for the week and picking a ball-ended 1950s British Tech ...

The Gillette logo on the top-cap is stamped, rather than etched. I believe this model, while British-made, was sold in France and Germany.

I have done six shaves with my Canadian Tech so far this month. Not bad going considering I have missed a couple of days shaving and have had three new razors to try.
It hasn't had a lot of consistent use over the years I've had it (I think I was worried about losing more of the gold plating, although doesn't concern me much now) so it's been good to give it a decent run.
At the weekend I found what I misremembered as an aluminium Tech. In fact it's a clone with just "Germany" stamped on the baseplate.

13/6/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Proraso Green Cream
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22m
Razor - Gillette Flat Bottom Tech on Yaqi Handle
Blade - Sharp Titanium (4)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Denim Black

A bit of a guilty secret but I don't really get on as well with my Flat Bottom Tech as well as I do with a few Techs with triangular slots. As it's the Tech month, I think I will spend a bit more time using the FBT. It combined beautifully with the Sharp Titanium for an incredibly comfortable and close shave.

IMG_20230613_145517.jpg

Back
Top Bottom