Tech June-kies 2023

Friday 2nd June

AJFCJaWC5aCZZrbkcXg0Mcw8U7j22EgWHUR-H0XiSG63rCFEG4p5gn4x3XrAYjfwh5LDBL7eSCifEExloX6Plb0mDJSq_Dwec56HyE_8qjRo1cq8DJxic-seI_k-WufOie_6RDXKdxALclzw-oV3_p8RhFLcQg=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Vegetal) Shaving Soap & VieLong American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Tech pre-War Canadian & Super Gillette Blue (3)
Pashana Original Aftershave

Joining @TobyC and switching out my American brass pre-War Tech for a plated Canadian model tonight. Same blade.

Lovely smooth shave from the off ...

Slight difference in the blade gap between my Canadian the the American and I think I felt that in the shave. Less forgiving on the angle, although a doddle to find and stick to and perhaps not as aggressive-feeling.

Same again tomorrow and then onto the British Flat Bottom next week.
Mine shaves the same as the US version, and I'm gonna use the same Gillette Silver Blue for the month,... maybe.

Tech June-kies ...

Sunday 4th June

AJFCJaWC5aCZZrbkcXg0Mcw8U7j22EgWHUR-H0XiSG63rCFEG4p5gn4x3XrAYjfwh5LDBL7eSCifEExloX6Plb0mDJSq_Dwec56HyE_8qjRo1cq8DJxic-seI_k-WufOie_6RDXKdxALclzw-oV3_p8RhFLcQg=w800

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & VieLong American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Tech pre-War Canadian & Super Gillette Blue (4)
Pashana Original Aftershave

I swapped the top-cap on my Canadian pre-War Tech with an American cap and despite measuring the same blade gap I think there is something infinitesimally small that seems to make that significant difference ... or it's all in my head.

But what a shave! Perfection!

I say that every time I use the classic MWF and have a splash of Pash for afters. The Super Gillette Blue in the pre-War Tech delivered a perfect combination, so much so that I genuinely could not feel the blade in the razor. It's just that one click beyond what I would otherwise call my near-as-damn-it-perfect blade for that behaviour: the Personna Platinum Chrome.

Absolute perfection!

Last edited:
20230602_192201-01.jpeg
Same photo as the setup is the same, with my English Ball end Tech Razor.
The only thing that ruined this shave was the Green Sharp blade and TBH I am glad to finally pop it in my Discard bin.
I will be popping a Gillette Ruby in next, at least I already know it's going to be a great blade.

Tech June-kies ...

Monday 5th June

AJFCJaU7r9KhIm5Lw9d19Q3vG2jAsn7p1AIITx_gSdycRNkJ_cEAxupwQVOCVWSoHQpS-MMtX5VyNU10SN_kJcwc-7DHrLYnE23ekGB462ch0EywT5i6D0CvFM4uzmBVSDzyyhut3AZa0d_5bAwau2AJt8z79A=w1200

Gerard of Nottingham (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Ever-Ready 500BN Badger-Lon w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre 22mm
Gillette Tech British No.27 & Gillette Platinum (Brazil) (1)
Avon Windjammer (Vintage) Aftershave

Starting a fresh week with the Tech Junkies month ...

Last week was one of the earlier Techs, this week it's the 1940s and my personal favourite: the British Flat Bottom Tech. You can see where this is headed now, right? Yeah, next week it'll be 1950s, then 1960s and the few straggling days at the end for wildcards.

But this week is all about the 1940s British Flat Bottom Tech.

Have a Tech-tastic week, folks!

6/6/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Arko
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech (all brass)
Blade - Dorco Titan (1)
Post - Lea 0%
AS - Wars Sensitive

I generally keep my Techs just for daily shaves, but with a sharp new blade this particular BET did a great job at mowing down 3 days worth of growth.

Nice shave.

IMG_20230606_172118.jpg

Back
Top Bottom