Taylors Bay Rum

simmo3801 said:
http://www.sallyexpress.com/viewProduct.aspx?pid=051038

Have the Pinaud Bay rum which appears to be the only one thay have. Mail order sucks as they charge nearly same again for delivery but they do have a store locator and if you contact them they will tell you if your nearest store has it in stock and they gave me the ph number if I wanted to reserve. I think I'll take the chance not reserving it as I don't think there'll be a run on it...............famous last words!

• The Sally in this city ... doesn't ... stock ... barbershop ... / ... men's ... stuff ...
      • ... just 'beautyparlour' supplies![/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

simmo3801 said:
Now that I've narrowed my summer AS down to a choice of two (Proraso and Floid blue)
I'm on the look (sniff) out for a warmer autumnal scent. I recently ordered a Trumpers sample kit and the first cologne i have tried is the Bay Rum as I had never smelt one before. It is absolutely lovely. A real clove extravaganza. I have checked prices and to buy a bottle of it is quite expensive. I would therefore seek opinions from anyone who has also used Taylors of Old Bond Street Bay Rum. I know scents are generally a personal thing but is one Bay Rum the same as another?

Following on from that what is Pinaud Bay Rum like? I can get a bottle of this for less than a fiver but again I've never smelt it. Is it a pleasant whiff? Is there much difference between that and a more expensive one?

Any advice / opinions would be greatly welcomed.

Hi simmo!

If you are liking the smell of Bay rum, one of the best is our very own Dr Henk's Bay Rum with a Twist ASB. It certainly smells like it is supposed to, but it is so good on the skin after a close shave, and is very healing! Why don't you PM him and discuss it sometime, I'm sure he would like to hear from you. :)

Hi Spandex

I did converse with Henk regarding his balm some time ago but have since abandoned balms as they were irritating my neck so I don't use them now and my skin is much better. I used to have dry skin but apparently not anymore!

simmo3801 said:
Hi Spandex

I did converse with Henk regarding his balm some time ago but have since abandoned balms as they were irritating my neck so I don't use them now and my skin is much better. I used to have dry skin but apparently not anymore!

OK simmo, as long as your sorted,(well mainly anyway), that's the most important thing! :)

Back
Top Bottom