Taylors Bay Rum

Now that I've narrowed my summer AS down to a choice of two (Proraso and Floid blue)
I'm on the look (sniff) out for a warmer autumnal scent. I recently ordered a Trumpers sample kit and the first cologne i have tried is the Bay Rum as I had never smelt one before. It is absolutely lovely. A real clove extravaganza. I have checked prices and to buy a bottle of it is quite expensive. I would therefore seek opinions from anyone who has also used Taylors of Old Bond Street Bay Rum. I know scents are generally a personal thing but is one Bay Rum the same as another?

Following on from that what is Pinaud Bay Rum like? I can get a bottle of this for less than a fiver but again I've never smelt it. Is it a pleasant whiff? Is there much difference between that and a more expensive one?

Any advice / opinions would be greatly welcomed.

Joe McClaine recommended Benjamins to me (thanks) , I find it to be as good as he said . You can get it in Afro Caribean shops and it costs very little. Not as refined as the expensive ones though,but I like it.

Thanks Damian I saw his post about that. I can pick up the Pinaud about 20 miles away and have contacted taylors to see if they have a sample they could send me.

Cheers

I liked the TOBS Bay Rum at first, but I found it a bit sickly sweet after a while (Mrs STG likened it to furniture polish), and I ended up giving mine away.

I prefer the sharper scent of Boots Bay Rum hair tonic. Both are very short lived scents.

Never tried the Benjamins, but it's on my radar.

Never managed to get my hands on the Pinaud ,postage alway bucked the price up to high.Next time I'm stateside.
Did get a sample of Dr Harris' , mild very short lived scent.
The Benjamins is good stuff , also available mentholated I think..

Pinaud Bay Rum is fairly powerful stuff. If you want an 'in your face' splash, then this delivers. I picked a bottle up in the barbershop I used to frequent. I subsequently traded it as it reminded me of a really bad night when a mate and I drank a full bottle of Goldschlager neat, after a dozen beers. We just poured the bottle into 2 big glasses and necked it. Never again.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sallyexpress.com/viewProduct.aspx?pid=051038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sallyexpress.com/viewProduct.aspx?pid=051038</a><!-- m -->

Have the Pinaud Bay rum which appears to be the only one thay have. Mail order sucks as they charge nearly same again for delivery but they do have a store locator and if you contact them they will tell you if your nearest store has it in stock and they gave me the ph number if I wanted to reserve. I think I'll take the chance not reserving it as I don't think there'll be a run on it...............famous last words!

The Pinauds is quite strong & the scent lasts well. Really almost a cologne. I got it from Sally's & have also noticed that it has a quite pleasant "musk" note to the Bay Rum fragrance.

JohnnyO.

simmo3801 said:
http://www.sallyexpress.com/viewProduct.aspx?pid=051038

Have the Pinaud Bay rum which appears to be the only one thay have. Mail order sucks as they charge nearly same again for delivery but they do have a store locator and if you contact them they will tell you if your nearest store has it in stock and they gave me the ph number if I wanted to reserve. I think I'll take the chance not reserving it as I don't think there'll be a run on it...............famous last words!

Just Phoned the one near me and it has it in stock, might take a nosey in there tomorrow morning and get a couple bottles.

Back
Top Bottom