Taylor of Old Bond Street - Lavender Cream

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO?
Taylor of Old Bond Street - Lavender

AdobePhotoshopExpress_81ad6ab1e3784fa6bf7597b1cd0bfa2e.jpg

It's a shaving cream, we don't really need to go into it do we? Below is the bumpf lifted from TOBS website.

A classic floral fragrance with essential Lavender Oil, the Lavender Shaving Cream creates a high quality lather to ensure the perfect shave.

Fragrance Notes:
A natural lavender interpretation with hints of orange, floral notes and cedarwood. Contains: lavender oil, lavender spike oil. cananga oil and cedarwood oil.

APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION:
Well, it is a very soft cream, verging on the point of being too soft, so you have to be careful not to overload your brush. The scent is very strong in the pot, which mellows in the bowl/on the face. It lathers very easily with boar and synthetic brushes. A find the lather stable and protective. Bowl lather is my preference, 30 seconds and a tablespoon (ish) of water and you have plenty of lather for four passes easily.

CONCLUSIVE COMMENTS:
Well, There are three things I look for in a software product, and I'll list them below:

SCENT
This is a very contentious point (and is for any product I guess). The lavender scent is completely natural (given it is essential oil I'm not surprised). It is very strong in the pot (almost over powering), but when whipped, it mellows nicely. It's a very relaxing scent, ideal for evening shaves or slow mornings. Now I will say, it's not my personal favourite, but one to at least try. My wife loves it.

PROTECTION
My previous TOBS experiences meant I had high expectations from Lavender, and I was not let down. The last 7 days worth of shaving with this cream left me with no drama. No irritation, no cuts, no nothing. The razor was also able to glide easily using this cream.

POST SHAVE FEEL
If you recall from your junior school days, there was soap in the bathrooms that used to leave your skin tighter than the average Boa Constrictor wraps around its prey. This is the polar opposite. It leaves you feeling as if your skin has been pampered by angels wings wafting gently over your face. OK, that last bit might be gilding the lily somewhat, but it left me feeling pleasantly moist with no need for balms or anything else to replenish my skin.

WOULD YOU BUY IT AGAIN?
Overall, this cream leaves your skin feeling protected during the shave, and just right post shave. There is only one reason I wouldn't necessarily run out and buy this in a hurry again, and that is the scent. Don't get me wrong, I like the scent, but it's not up there in my favourites. If you like lavender scented products, you will like this.

I am using this at the moment, well not this very second, you get the drift. As a face latherer, I have found a fairly damp brush and a decent swirl is all I need. The lather is good and easy, the scent is fine - but not up to CF standards, but then this is almost 2/3rds cheaper. At that price, its well worth a punt.
Castle Forbes? Never tried their products...that can be changed though if they are worth it :) That said, is it 300% the product of TOBS?

Have used several TOBS shaving creams. The lavender is lovely....strong and relaxing essential oil. Lathers up nice and thick from a small dab if the brush. Slick, no cuts. Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom