Tabula Rasa

I just wet the brush give it a shake dip it in the tub and face lather and if I feel I need any more for second or third pass dip it back in. To be honest I don't think there is an excess amount on the brush for face lathering.

I've not tried bowl lathering with it yet simply because I broke my flipping bowl a fortnight ago. Doh

Tried the Tabula Rasa vetiver and tangerine this morning. As per previous entry I initially rubbed the Muhle Silverfibre brush over the sample pot and got enough for two passes. On the second pass the razor skipped once or twice which is unusual, so for my usual third pass I reloaded. Third pass was by scooping a piece of the cream out on to my hand and Palm lathering. Produced plenty of lather by Palm lathering. Nice shave, good scent strength of Vetiver, but did not get any tangerine coming through, but my snoz is not too good at scents at my age. Post shave felt neutral, not too many nicks. Will try a shave with the other Dezember sample tomorrow. My usual soap is Nannys original soap, and on this first try the TR is not as good as Sharons soap (for me at least). Many thanks to Ian for posting out the samples, very kind and much appreciated.

Been using the steampunk more this week and have found I get a good lather when using more of the cream, don't mind doing this as I like the scent. I think IMO the scent is quite similar to TOBS St James a/s

I have tried many creams and soaps but the samples Ian sent me are by far the best I have used, I have no trouble getting a lovely smooth lather and the glide I get is unmatched by anything else, also my post shave face is completely free of any irritation which is great as I have quite sensitive skin, I have now ordered a full pot of Dezember from Ian and also managed to secure a full pot of Olibanum on ebay for a bargain price, can't wait to receive them as since I finished the samples everything else I use just doesn't come up to scratch.

Back
Top Bottom