Tabac Scent?

Poor old Martin, you'd think he'd lathered with the rancid remains of one his deep dish pizza's.

I found Moos to be more bog cleaner with a bit of fern but lets not forget Tabac is a very fine performing soap perhaps the finest and you might like it, plenty of people do.

hunnymonster said:
Pig Cat said:
I found Tabac to be a great soap with a not-so-great scent. Shame really.

Try the Irisch Moos then... same soap different flavour... either way the soap smell doesn't hang around, it's not like you're drowning yourself in Lynx/Axe/whatever-the-vogue-product-is-for-teen-boys-nowadays.

I'll put it on the 'to try' list!

I get a whiff of leather when I use Tabac soap. Its a great performer and the fact that I like the Tabac scent is a bonus.

If I ever finish the cake that I have, then I will replace it with another.

Smell The Glove said:
I get a whiff of leather when I use Tabac soap. Its a great performer and the fact that I like the Tabac scent is a bonus.

If I ever finish the cake that I have, then I will replace it with another.

Me too. I've had my first Tabac experience this week, with soap, AS, balm and cologne! And I used it for three consecutive shaves which is unheard of for me!

The Tabac scent is not my favourite, and when I first used it, I have to say that I thought it was appalling.

However, it worked so well as a soap that I persevered with it, and with the use the scent mellowed and it's now quite nice.

Ian

antdad said:
Poor old Martin, you'd think he'd lathered with the rancid remains of one his deep dish pizza's.

I found Moos to be more bog cleaner with a bit of fern but lets not forget Tabac is a very fine performing soap perhaps the finest and you might like it, plenty of people do.

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your pity. You're actually right about me preferring to sniff some four day old remains of deep dish anchovie pizza, rather than the regusting (a good Popeye word) fecal blast of what the Tabac produces.

So the 'bog cleaner' note you mentioned in the Moos.......is that a sorta woody fragrance? Can you suggest other products having that in the mix?

Thank you again for your post,

Martin

Oh, no offense meant towards those members who actually like the way Tabac smells.........crazy as that is.

dodgy said:
antdad said:

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your pity. You're right about me preferring to sniff some four day old remains of deep dish anchovie pizza, rather than the regusting (a good Popeye word) fecal blast of what the Tabac produces.

So the 'bog cleaner' note you mentioned in the Moos.......is that a sorta woody fragrance? Can you suggest other products having that in the mix?

Thank you again for your post,

Martin

Oh, no offense meant towards those members who actually like the way Tabac smells.........crazy as that is.

Arko.

Quite interesting differences here!

Arko is one I wouldn't mind trying just never came up with an excuse!

As I have said, Tabac definitely grew on me, (maybe you're right, it has mellowed), wondered if I would like the scent of a new cake?? ;)
:D

Martin, are you incarcerated with special internet privileges? I only ask because I suspect the Tabac you used may have been "smuggled" in without the proper care. If that's the case you should be familiar with the bog cleaner note as it has the pungency of urinal cake and ammonia.

Arko, scent wise gets a bit of a bad rap a little unfairly, it makes sense when it's humid and 30 degrees but shit sticks as Martin will tell you.

antdad said:
Martin, are you incarcerated with special internet privileges? I only ask because I suspect the Tabac you used may have been "smuggled" in without the proper care. If that's the case you should be familiar with the bog cleaner note as it has the pungency of urinal cake and ammonia.

Arko, scent wise gets a bit of a bad rap a little unfairly, it makes sense when it's humid and 30 degrees but shit sticks as Martin will tell you.

Special internet privileges? Nope, they're just the regular ones we all receive. We all get to pick one especially goofy 'hobby' to follow a little bit before lights out. Heh, one of the guys took things a few steps farther than me and became a regular poster on a forum devoted to shaving animals. No, not animals who shave, but rather people sending in pics of their handiwork on the family pets and the like. Kinda like animal topiary......

Far as how the Tabac came to me, it may very well have been slipped into this place through the back door (so to speak), but the soap itself was the problem this time.

Thanks for the reference notes for 'bog cleaner'. Oh sure, I know the urinal cake scent well, which I much prefer to the smell of Arko. That soap is another pretty nasty little olifactory assault. One quick note about those urinal cakes and what they can be used for. I have a 'friend' who takes a pinch of one urinal cake to add when he makes Pruno. I have to say, it does give the Pruno a little more complexity.

Martin

moodymick said:
Tabac is quite simply, great stuff. Not only is the soap itself a dream to lather with, but it is a great manly man smell too.

Yup, aint nuthin' metrosexual about a product first formulated in Germany in 1936.

And all tallow, boy - none of your nancy vegetarian stuff.

(Although I hope those two facts aren't connected . . . . :eek: I'd rather be a nancy boy than a Nazi boy.)

Anyway, I used to love the smell but lately I've been getting soft or something and my choice of anointing unction has strayed over to the sweet and floral.

Time to strap on the horsehide pistol holster and lather up with the old Tabac again soon. I'm turning into a goddamn commie faggot.

Shee-it boy! Gimme that Tabac!

Rev-O said:
Yup, aint nuthin' metrosexual about a product first formulated in Germany in 1936.

And all tallow, boy - none of your nancy vegetarian stuff.

(Although I hope those two facts aren't connected . . . . :eek: I'd rather be a nancy boy than a Nazi boy.)

Anyway, I used to love the smell but lately I've been getting soft or something and my choice of anointing unction has strayed over to the sweet and floral.

Time to strap on the horsehide pistol holster and lather up with the old Tabac again soon. I'm turning into a goddamn commie faggot.

Shee-it boy! Gimme that Tabac!

:lol: :D :lol:

Back
Top Bottom