T K Max

Was in my local T K Max looking for work shirts (no joy.... :evil: ) and had a look on the clearance shelf and found a 150ml tub of St James of London Cedarwood & Clarysage shaving cream for 99p.
Like the scent, but have any of you tried it yet if so is it any good............for 99p I had to take a chance.......... :p :p

TKmaxx often have the St James of London stuff in at around 37-9 .. The Cedarwood & Clarysage is their brushable cream and its not half bad imo..

I bought the pre shave oil, pre shave hot towel cream and a jar of cream of this product from tk maxx and i have to say the shaving cream is great stuff.

I know the TK MAX shops are good value but honestly I hate the place with a passion. Most of them are a complete tip and despite the much cheapness I'd rather pay more and get a tub of shaving cream that 15 other people haven't opened and stuck their nose in. Some of the stuff clearly is new and unopened but often the mens cosmetics/shaving section is mostly dregs and a disorganised rabble, at least the ones I have been in are like this.

At £5 the A/S or soap is good value but the "RRP £30 - Our price £5" tactic is nonsense, no way I'd pay £30 for some Pecksnifs stuff but at a fiver fine, just don't try to kid me it is worth £30. They closed paddy's market in Glasgow because it was such a mess but it was still tidier than some TK Max stores I have been in.

Anyway rant over, everyone make their choices and perhaps I am getting ripped off. I am sure if you visit regularly you can pick up some decent stuff at a good price, but for how long a tub of cream or soap lasts is it worth it? Maybe I am just jealous because I have never found a decent bargain in one, apart from some candles I bought once, I am a lazy git who never gets there till the afternoon and by then it is like a hurricane hit it.

Agree with Audio. I am fed up with the Ipswich branch because my search for TOBS cream is always fruitless. Do you think they'd order some in for me? :roll:

I stopped bothering with TKMaxx ages ago when I realised they only ever got crap flavours in (read Sandalwood - I hate sandalwood with a passion) and anyway, I seem to have acquired more than enough soaps and creams elsewhere to keep me going for about 20 years :lol:

Audiolab said:
I know the TK MAX shops are good value but honestly I hate the place with a passion. Most of them are a complete tip and despite the much cheapness I'd rather pay more and get a tub of shaving cream that 15 other people haven't opened and stuck their nose in. Some of the stuff clearly is new and unopened but often the mens cosmetics/shaving section is mostly dregs and a disorganised rabble, at least the ones I have been in are like this.

At £5 the A/S or soap is good value but the "RRP £30 - Our price £5" tactic is nonsense, no way I'd pay £30 for some Pecksnifs stuff but at a fiver fine, just don't try to kid me it is worth £30. They closed paddy's market in Glasgow because it was such a mess but it was still tidier than some TK Max stores I have been in.

Anyway rant over, everyone make their choices and perhaps I am getting ripped off. I am sure if you visit regularly you can pick up some decent stuff at a good price, but for how long a tub of cream or soap lasts is it worth it? Maybe I am just jealous because I have never found a decent bargain in one, apart from some candles I bought once, I am a lazy git who never gets there till the afternoon and by then it is like a hurricane hit it.

I did check it was untouched and I have to admit it seems to be ok. Smooth shave and I like the scent. Also I have been off work (until this week), for 7 months so a way to pass the time........ :D and I have got few good bargains there...... :lol:

missingskin said:
Audiolab said:

I did check it was untouched and I have to admit it seems to be ok. Smooth shave and I like the scent. Also I have been off work (until this week), for 7 months so a way to pass the time........ :D and I have got few good bargains there...... :lol:
No more purchases for a while for me tho as I have enough blades, razors and shaving soaps, creams etc to last for..........eeerr a while... :roll:

Bah, went to my local today and all they had was Pecksniff cream, which doesn't really float my boat. Going to be within spitting distance of two more stores this week though, so I'll drop by on the offchance they have anything good.

Perth and Kirkcaldy both had Pecksniffs stuff on offer. Not huge reductions but worth a punt so I stocked up on soap. Also some RSC stuff on offer, but that just puts it at the same price as it always is in poundland so it's still not that great. I really want to find one with a brush or wooden bowled premium soap in stock. The different stores don't seem to have any idea what they have though - some of them have shave stuff in the mens, some in the homewares and some in the womens section. Totally random, and in Perth today I wasted a load of time checking all over the store just to find nothing of much interest.

I go in quite often as I have to go past it to go to work. Never purchased much before, but then today they had these lovely smelling soaps. Gonna tell SWMBO that they are for her, and then use 'em myself lol. Made by a posh sounding 'asquith and somerset' and come in great scents. I got pear and coconut. Also got a face soap to try. I'm sure they are just regular soaps with tons of perfume added.

Oh? Am I not supposed to tell her at all? But then how can i explain to family and friends that the Strawberry and papaya soap is mine? Anything wrong in getting the misses soaps for her b'day?

Back
Top Bottom