Syphon / Vacuum Glass Coffee Maker

Hello connoiseurs - i've been reading thro this section for the 1st time today and see i am among the most discerning of coffee quaffers as well as distinctive shavers -

i use a moca pot and think it's great - simple and cheap, it does the job. was looking on amazon and saw this contraption -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coffee-Master-5-Cup-Syphon-Vacuum/dp/B0047UVAMQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

how cool is that? anyone here have experience of using one of these? or perhaps tasted a coffee brewed using this method?

Yes, I have and occasional use them. Yes, they are cool, Yes, they make great coffee, and Yes, they are a royal pain to clean out!!

Cona still make the Rolls of Vac pots, can't remember his name but a past member was well into them. Pretty sure the same fella liked walking/climbing and took pictures of his gourmet picnic, a glass of wine and a teddy. Who was that?

That does look cool but Mrs J is the most clumsy,accident prone, person in the hole wide world,and just looking at that fabulous glass construction I can see its doomed to get broken in 5 seconds flat,round my house:dodgy:

I've got one of these:-
71JBpTuNi2L._AA1500_.jpg

Bodum vacuum coffee maker

It makes excellent coffee but I don't use it very often. I don't find it too bad to clean out but I do find it takes a long time to make the coffee unless you put boiling water in the bottom. Occasionally it fails to make a proper seal and then it does not work! Another reason why I only use it rarely is because of the obvious fragility of it!

Johnus said:
With all of its negatives, I have ended up with 3 of them. If you feel the price is right, it is "Cool"!

Don't feel my comments should deter you from getting one,Mrs J don't live with in 100 miles of you so should be safe enough :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom