Swine Flu Jab

Hi Guys

Being an asthma sufferer, I was offered the Swine Flu Jab and happily went along for a innoculation. The Doc's told me I could expect a headache and a sore arm and sure enough about 3 or 4 hours after the jab I developed a massive headache and a really sore arm. I usually have the normal seasonal flu jab and never experienced anything like this before.

Anybody else had a similar experience?

Cheers Rousey

I was wondering whether to post about this. I too am asthmatic and had the swine flu jab. I had it Saturday morning. Throughout the afternoon my arm got more painful until by the evening it felt like someone had given me a dead arm (remember those from school? :cry: )

I didn't have a headache but through Saturday night I didn't sleep well because the aching feeling had spread all over my body. I did not sleep well at all. During the next day the main pain subsided but it wasn't until last night that my arm felt better.

My wife reckons it may have been because I'd already had the normal flu jab. She thought the fact that I had a reaction like this was positive in that my body was reacting to the vaccine. Not sure exactly what she meant but she went to medical school and has some idea about these things, but then again she hated immunology saying it was really difficult. :?

Anyway, I'm sure you're all wondering if I'm OK now. Well yes I am though I'm a bit phlegmy.

Ha ha! I still would have had it as I have two young children and wish to do what I can to prevent the spread of the disease if I come in to contact with it. I expect they will have it soon too.

Like Pig Cat, I had my seasonal flu jab about a month before the Swine Flu jab. Feel better today, but arm is still a bit sore.

Having said all that I would still have the jab knowing I was going to get the headache and sore arm; the more of us who have it, the more likly to get "herd immunisation".

Cheers Rousey

I've got gammon flu...it was originally swine flu but I went to hospital and they cured me. :roll: ........................TAXI.

More seriously, being an esteemed member of an at risk group, I had my SFJ on Saturday morning and I have had the "dead arm" feeling over the week-end but nothing to really write home about. Sleeping like a log and no flu like symptoms have appeared. I need to have a booster a few days prior to Christmas.

No problems men; get stuck in!

Having talked my way into the at risk group I'll take any innoculation I'm offered, but it sounds like I'd do well to try for a Friday appointment: the prospect of working with a throbbing arm doesn't appeal.

A report on Midlands Today tonight stated that

"1 in 3 schoolchildren in the Midlands have had swine flu, but some didn't know that they had it."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the kids didn't know that they had it, how the shivering fuck did anybody else know, especially the people that came up with the '1 in 3' statement??

Ian

IanM said:
A report on Midlands Today tonight stated that

"1 in 3 schoolchildren in the Midlands have had swine flu, but some didn't know that they had it."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the kids didn't know that they had it, how the shivering fuck did anybody else know, especially the people that came up with the '1 in 3' statement??

Ian

Maybe there was a screening of a sample of kids in the area. I expect that they can send a blood sample to be analysed telling them which children had had the disease. That report kind of implies that Swine Flu is not a disease to worry about, but even if it doesn't affect some people and 'just' has the mortality rate of normal seasonal flu I would prefer to be vaccinated than not.

Back
Top Bottom