Swap Gillette #16 for a Gillette #15 Razor ** WITHDRAWN **

I want to do a straight swap:

i have one of these

32a529b7.jpg

want to swap for one of these (Unboxed) :

1938%20Aristocrat%2015%20rhodium.JPG

If you have one, MUST be in Excellent Condition

RE: Swap Gillette #16 for a Gillette #15 Razor

I thought the 15's (and other open tooth aristo's) were aprox 20% more valuable than the solid bar variants?

BlkKnight said:
I thought the 15's (and other open tooth aristo's) were aprox 20% more valuable than the solid bar variants?

don't know mate.......... im a collector not really a dealer, perhaps Max and Erwin are in a better position to comment.

this is just a swap, if someone wants to do it then they can, someone may not get on with a #15 and a #16 may suit them better, they are both valuble and quite hard to find, it may be easier for someone to swap rather than buy a #16

if it's a bad deal then i guess nobody will bite, in which case i will sweeten the deal with say a minty gillette slim or something like that.

:angel::angel:

Seems like a fair swap to me, as I see it, it's fair if both parties feel it's fair.
And knowing Steves gear, it likely top grade.

I don't know where you get your 20% figures from, do you have a source for those figures?

Max

Good luck with the search Steve. I've manage to accrue a couple of #15s but each one has each least something cosmetically wrong with it. It seems to me that it's more difficult to find a really good example of the #15s, compared to the #16s. I wonder if the plating wasn't as good on them or if it's just the fact that they've been hanging around an extra decade or so?

Just from watching the bay. Uncased 16's circa 60, uncased 15's circa 75. Again, as you say, yes if both parties are happy then all's good

If one is for example not very fond of open combs, then a #15 would be of very much less worth to him compared to a #16. So it is also a matter of preference.

Last month I parted with a cased #70, my most precious DE and in truly collectors condition. Then I got hold of a exc.+/mint cased #15. However at the moment my Tuckaway (although in inferior cosmetic condition and acquired at about 1/3 of the #15's trade price) is by far still my favorite open comb.

Therefore I feel that everything is more or less relative.

In addition, kudos to Steve for offering to top up the #16 with another piece (leaving aside the fact that his razors are always in top condition).

Swap Gillette #16 for a Gillette #15 Razor

N_Architect said:
If one is for example not very fond of open combs, then a #15 would be of very much less worth to him compared to a #16. So it is also a matter of preference.

Last month I parted with a cased #70, my most precious DE and in truly collectors condition. Then I got hold of a exc.+/mint cased #15. However at the moment my Tuckaway (although in inferior cosmetic condition and acquired at about 1/3 of the #15's trade price) is by far still my favorite open comb.

Therefore I feel that everything is more or less relative.

In addition, kudos to Steve for offering to top up the #16 with another piece (leaving aside the fact that his razors are always in top condition).

Cheers "k"

I will be trying the "Jedi mind trick" on you later for your #15

Steve

Back
Top Bottom