Surperb Customer Service

Hi Just wanted to feed back an outstanding example of customer service from The Gentleman Shop <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/index.html</a><!-- m --> I had ordered a Simpsons “Major Best Travel Shaving Brush” I had given instructions saying that it was OK for the courier company to leave the parcel in my porch.
This decision was based of the fact that I live in a cul de sac in a small village with very few callers, and therefore I believed that the possibility of theft was very remote.
When I returned home I found a note saying the brush had been delivered but no brush in the porch. I phoned the delivery company who confirmed that they had made the delivery but couldn’t help me as I had not requested that the parcel be signed for. So I then telephoned “The Gentleman Shop” just to see if they could make any suggestions, upon speaking to Robert & Charlotte Johnston who own the business they suggested that I should ask my neighbours to check no one had taken the brush in for safe keeping, if however this was not the case I was to email them and they would replace the brush. This was a totally voluntary altruistic gesture as they had no obligation to make this offer, apart from being very grateful both Charlotte and Robert will be my frist choice as supplier of future purchases.

Did one of the neighbors have it? I am a little lost as to how it ended.

Robert and the team at TGS are well know for their superlative service. They are one of my first port of calls and truly deserve the success they have made of the business.

+1. I have always found the service from TGS to be excellent. A personal visit to the shop is a joy, beats a trek to London by a country mile. If only I could pack my Christmas presents as well as they do their parcels !
PS. I also have the Major Travel Brush. It is so good that it stays at home when I travel, I would hate to lose it.

Back
Top Bottom