Superspeed, Mekur HD and Muehli R89 Open Comb

My daughter has just put these on eBay UK for me.

A search on "Safety Razor" will find them.

The HD and the Mueli Open Comb are as new. I only ever use a Slant these days

Re: Superspeed, Mekur HD and Mueli R89 Open Comb

I found them on ebay.
How aggressive is the Muhle?
Some of the reviews make it sound a little scary.....

Technically, it shouldn't be massivley more aggressive than a modern open comb Merkur as the heads are pretty much the same. That said, it is slightly heavier so a bit of caution is required if you're used to lighter razors. I find that open combs have a bit of a bad rep when it comes to aggression but they're not half as bad as they're made out to be.

My mate's first safety razor was an R89 and it's a great looking and great shaving razor. He has never had any problems.

JDE said:
Technically, it shouldn't be massivley more aggressive than a modern open comb Merkur as the heads are pretty much the same.

I haven't used a Merkur open comb, but it is more aggressive than the Slant. I can't use the R89 every day, but it did give me a fine shave on the days I did use it. After three or four days I would feel razor burn. The Slant suits me better - each to his own, but I do need a fairly aggressive razor and sharp blade to cut the white hair in my beard. I have read others tame the R89 with a milder blade (a Derby?) - that is not an option for me.

I was quite firm in the eBay posting because, as I said, the R89 is not a beginners razor.

It is a well made handsome razor - the Merkurs look as if they belong in a fitters tool box.

rac said:
hi labarum
i know its a bit late ,have you still got the hd for sale .thanks rac . :)

Not sure! My daughter had a eBay buyer who didn't pay. She is away for the weekend. I will get back to you.

Back
Top Bottom