Supermax Blades

Anyone tried these?

My mate almost bought some thinking they were related to Iridium Super (they look alike packaging wise).

They take a slating on B&B but was only curious (not for myself but to pif) because I found a shop where they had these priced at 30p a pack.

Andy

Yeah i use them from time to time. I really don't mind them. Can get 3 shaves (4 at a push) from each blade, but at the prices these ones go for, you could change every shave. I tend to palm strop them before first loading up, as it appears to give a smoother 1st shave (though clearly could all be a placebo :lol: )

200 for £5 on ebay a few weeks ago!

They aren't bad! To put into perspective, i get better shaves from these than i did Derby's - though i haven't used Derby's since my first week of DE shaving, so possibly should give them a re-try.

Cheers

I used a super stainless last night in my EJ87 and got a nice shave from it, don't know how long they last but am giving it a spin in a Boots DE this afternoon for a bit of nostalgia, they're as cheap as chips on tut Bay atm I bought a hundred for 6p last night but the postage was £2.99 even so if they're only good for 1 shave its 3p a go (and I got some stiptick matches thrown in).

I only ever tried one each (stainless and platinum) from my blade sampler from Paul at Connaught.
They were absolutely fine in my Merkur Futur (I kept an excel spreadsheet of all the blades I tried and I have commented that the platinum was good and the stainless was "very good"). I only tried the blades for 3 days each

The ones on ebay are actually being sold by a hairdressing salon from my town, he also sell shavettes etc, never tried these blades as i read some bad reviews of them on another board.

I'm a real fan of these blades. I got a 10 pack for 69p including P&P. The are easily as good as a Derby or an IP, if not a little better and when you consider the price these are an all round great blade.

Used one of these last night with some palmo Cream and a Merkur Futur................bloody good shave :shave

these are good blades, i was in town this morning and passed by the UK Distribution place for these, picked up 400 for £11.00
and ordered some online too

M U S T
S T O P
B U Y I N G
B L A D E S !!!!!

No postage rip off on these

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150462339585&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3DWatching</a><!-- m -->

simmo3801 said:
Is each blade wraped in a gold coloured wrapper? I have a few samples but they're not in a blue wraper.......

nope, blue paper wrapper then the blade is wrapped in a Wax paper inside that, rather nicely done for a cheap blade, .......no sticky spots

Ok wonder what these are then? Probably NOS?

4817208351_1fb028de50.jpg

Back
Top Bottom