SUPER MENTHOL WANTED

daz

I am looking for some soap that has a REAL menthol kick to it, something that makes the eyes water and skin burn! (well not quite burn)
Think adding a teaspoon of olbas oil or similair onto your brush before lathering up with prorasso.
Any ideas anyone, failing that are any of the soap makers on here interested in a trial?

Cheers

Daz

I don't know if you have used Proraso's pre/post shave cream, and I think it's been reformulated so not sure what that's like, but it soothes my razor burn yet can be used as pre-shave. It makes my eyes water a little and wife has put it on sunburn! I imagine the new formula is very similar if not the same in this regard

Excellent suggestion Carl, will go and have a look for some now. Any in particular you would recommend?
Very generous offer Brian and on i shall take you up on, pm on its way.

Thank you both

Daz

NotTheStig said:
I don't know if you have used Proraso's pre/post shave cream, and I think it's been reformulated so not sure what that's like, but it soothes my razor burn yet can be used as pre-shave. It makes my eyes water a little and wife has put it on sunburn! I imagine the new formula is very similar if not the same in this regard

Will have a look out for that too NTS
Cheers

daz said:
Excellent suggestion Carl, will go and have a look for some now. Any in particular you would recommend?

Proceed to nearest chemist/pharmacy, enter and approach pharmacist, looking him/her squarely in the eye say, " Can I have some menthol crystals, please?" (use the tone of voice and body stance of a teenager asking for condoms). You should receive a little brown bottle labelled and containing, Menthol Crystals BP and a puzzled expression.

BP is by far the best brand!

I found out last month that for some mad reason buy more than two pots of menthol crystals from boots at anyone time. Which means there under the same banner as aspirin and paracetamol and therefore you must be able to overdose on them some how

Strangely enough I was thinking of asking the same question but thought it will look silly during the winter months :-/

Do the crystals dissolve in hot water and how much to use for a decent cool kick? Also, I had read somewhere that some people put the crystals in their after shave as well.

The crystals dissolve in water - start with, say, 100ml water and keep dissolving crystals till they won't anymore - a saturated solution. Add as many drops as you like to your lather to achieve the right 'chill' to suit you. This way you can have posh smells and chill on the same brush.

Teenagers used to enjoy sniffing menthol before glue sniffing and pot were invented.

good for colds too, add to hot water and a menthol vapour instantly starts to clear your head. I have a small 5g tub which was only a couple of quid and lasts for ages

No need to faff about making your own stuff.

Proraso Pre - Post / Ingrams Cream / Cold water rinse / Alcolado Glacial.

That little bundle should give you all the 'cold' you'll ever need.

Even a double-hard, nasty b'stard like me has to psyche himself up for that one.

Back
Top Bottom