Suneko "Amorphous Diamond" Super Stainless

I've used one twice and found it to be sharp but not the smoothest. I plan on using them more over the course of the month to get a better insight into them, and also to see how long I get out of a blade.

More and more good Chinese blades on the market these days. London Bridge is one of my favourites

what's everyone's thoughts on these now a few more people have probably had a chance to try a few?

I thought they were nice and sharp with no tugging and I got four great comfortable head shaves with no irritation from them.

I'm considering ordering another hundred before the royal mail ban on carrying blades but going to try some nacets and silver stars soon first and see which I prefer.

there's also a chance that Russian blades will eventually not be available after a few years but even better Chinese blades might come around or be developed in future.

If you don't already have stocks, I wouldn't worry about the Russian Gillettes. On B&B, a guy has been reviewing some of the new and old ones, and seems to find them near enough the same as they were before.

I've used a few MIC blades over the years, but never really got on with most of them, which is nothing against them but they don't work with my growth and razors. I've not used the Suneko, but the Fly Dear is my pick of the MIC blades I've used. Good blade, and can be bought for about £3 for a 100 on AliExpress. Decent prices on them on for smaller numbers too, add a few to your basket if you need to take your items to free shipping (they seem to have £8 free shipping level for various small items from different sellers).

Likewise, I actually didn't find them immediately loveable. Agreeable, certainly. Sharp? Yes! Smooth, well, not so much but that's not a terrible thing. Yes, they're very sharp and smooth enough that they give consistent and competent shaves, but then ... so do many others.

@semi Your mention of both Nacet and Silver Star absolutely come to mind when comparing these blades. I'll put it this way ... I'm almost certainly NOT going to buy more Suneko but I certainly will buy more Silver Stars and Nacets. Suneko is a close contender, but I think both Nacet and Silver Star will be around long after these Suneko fade into the past.

Great to have tried them and I think my little stash of 100 will last me some years to come, given how many other blades I've got.

I've used a few MIC blades over the years, but never really got on with most of them, which is nothing against them but they don't work with my growth and razors. I've not used the Suneko, but the Fly Dear is my pick of the MIC blades I've used. Good blade, and can be bought for about £3 for a 100 on AliExpress. Decent prices on them on for smaller numbers too, add a few to your basket if you need to take your items to free shipping (they seem to have £8 free shipping level for various small items from different sellers).
Likewise, I found the FlyDear immediately likeable but then I find them VERY similar in face feel to Indian Super Platinums ... and on that, again, I'm very unlikely to buy any more FlyDear and certainly will buy more Indian Super Platinum.

Funny, really, because it was the Suneko that I wanted to try and popped the FlyDear in as a "go on, then ..." and those Flying Eagle (urgh!) to oddly make the whole deal cheaper and upgraded postage, so not actually a total waste. I think what we're seeing in China is a bit like the situation in India - the Flying Eagle plant in Shanghai being the long established that turns out all manner of brands, mostly for Gillette, while all manner of other upstart plants putting out all manner of random names; over in India, there's the established Gillette/Vertice and Vidyut/SuperMax (and I suppose Malhotra) but then there's all manner of names springing up all over the place from Statum to Sunny to SaiMax.

Likewise, I found the FlyDear immediately likeable but then I find them VERY similar in face feel to Indian Super Platinums ... and on that, again, I'm very unlikely to buy any more FlyDear and certainly will buy more Indian Super Platinum.

Funny, really, because it was the Suneko that I wanted to try and popped the FlyDear in as a "go on, then ..." and those Flying Eagle (urgh!) to oddly make the whole deal cheaper and upgraded postage, so not actually a total waste. I think what we're seeing in China is a bit like the situation in India - the Flying Eagle plant in Shanghai being the long established that turns out all manner of brands, mostly for Gillette, while all manner of other upstart plants putting out all manner of random names; over in India, there's the established Gillette/Vertice and Vidyut/SuperMax (and I suppose Malhotra) but then there's all manner of names springing up all over the place from Statum to Sunny to SaiMax.

What do you mean by the Indian Super Platinum? The black Gillette blade?

Supermax is gone right? It's India, I'm sure their machines will be making blades again.

Back
Top Bottom