Summer cobinations.

I'm after a Summer combo of shave cream and cologne or splash thats going to feel fresh, cool alive etc throughout the day :)
Any good pairings worth trying out?.
regards, beejay

Crabtree and Evelyn west indian limes cologne is very fresh and lasts very well indeed.
As you know, the soap isn't a critical choice as the smell doesn't last but you might want to try a tube of TOBS lemon and lime to go with it? Smells nice while you soap up, and it does perform well. Not dear either.

I also like lavender for warm days, TOBS lavender cream and then Caldey Island lavender aftershave. Gotta be manly to carry that one off. :lol:

From my limited experience:

Shave creams: Proraso, SMN, AK 1869 veggie, Kolynos, any Portugese cream, Indian menthol creams (Morrisons, Godrej), GF Lime, AoS Lemon, EJ/Muehle Sea Buckthorn
After shaves: Mennen, Myrsol, (may be) Brut, Alt-Innsbruck
Balms: I Coloniali (mango balsam), Myrsol, CF Lime
EdTs: AdP, Alt-Innsbruck, Terre d'Hermes, Eau d'Orange Verte

Regarding combinations, you can do for example:

- AK 1869 veggie + Mennen + AdP, or
- EJ/Muehle Sea Buckthorn + I Coloniali (mango balsam) + Eau d'Orange Verte, or simply
- Proraso/SMN + Alt-Innsbruck.

:)

I'd also recommend some of Professor Blighty's Coconut range. When I'm using that, Mrs PB's exact words are 'You smell like summer' :D

got to be proraso pre/post followed by the shave cream followed by the pre/post followed by the A/S :lol:

Forgot the Fitjar Folgefonn Mint shave cream and after shave balm.

Their balm especially is not at all oily and a menthol freshness booster, highly recommended.

beejay, you're too late. Summer was yesterday. Normal service has been resumed, round here at least.

Should things warm up again, how about Nanny's Ice 'n' a Slice, followed by Cella Classica? Or Henk's Bay Rum and Musgo No.3? Or Nanny's Yushu, with a gin and tonic chaser?

Steve27752 said:
Singlet, shorts and a ice cold beer :lol:

sounds good to me as well :D

Some interesting suggestions guys, thanks very much.
I feel my wallet coming out already as there's a few there that I think must be tried.
Happy weekend.
beejay

Back
Top Bottom