Submerging the Merkur Progress

Evening all,
Having recently started using a Progress razor I was wondering whether it would do any damage the razor being completely submerged in the sink whilst preparing for shaving.

I have been doing this with my previous EJ DE89L to bring it up to a nice warm temperature before shaving. This razor is pretty much a solid block so I don't see any harm with this. However the Progress is hollow and I'm wondering if water gets inside it might cause rust to start.

I normally dismantle, wash and dry my DE89L after disposing of the blade. What about the progress, do people submerge or dismantle it into its three parts to wash/dry?

Any recommendations?

Suggestion. Go to the setting you want to use before tightening the head. Not only easier, but believe you can cause it damage if you chg settings with the blade already tightened.

Johnus said:
Suggestion. Go to the setting you want to use before tightening the head. Not only easier, but believe you can cause it damage if you chg settings with the blade already tightened.

This applies to razors like Gillette adjustables, and not the Progress.

Ian

To clarify my post above.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FZvMmuX_GE[/video]

This is a bit like the "do you dunk your brush in the water" thread.
I dunk the brush, the razor (including the adjustables) in the water... sometimes I even dunk myself in the water... never did me any harm!

Back
Top Bottom