Struggling with my tash and chin!

I find I got only get a close shave if I go against the grain, which causes a rash etc.

I don't know if to just settle how it is, or go half across the grain? My razor bumps last a week+ so I don't want to try it and go down that route again!

Hmmmmm

I never go ATG (upwards for me) on my tache area. Not even XTG very often. Downward strokes are easiest and give me a decent shave. I will go over the area a couple of times though. If you are getting a rash just leave it and perhaps try again at this a few days later. I think even the cleanest shaved blokes probably have a bit of shadow visible on their tache area.

Yea the tash is the hardest! I would never to against the grain on that again!

On the chin, I can only feel the stubble if I brush ATG, is that just normal or am I being too picky?

Forget shaving that closely for now, aim for close enough. ie so that you don't get any adverse reaction.

Study the guides and pay attention to the direction of your beard and shave accordingly.

I used to go ATG with a Mach 3 to get a super smooth finish. More often than not, it was a red and sore neck. After three whole weeks :eek: of DE shaving, I can get my BBS on tash and chin areas by 1 xWTG, and 2 x XTG [slantish]. I think you will quickly find your beard adjusts to a kinder way of shaving, and you will get a very good finish without ATG. Of course, YMMV, but that's what happened in my case. I did actually go ATG for a party at the weekend - and really wished I hadn't :oops: The improvement was negligible, but the effort and irritation required for the BBS holy grail wasn't worth it. As far as I am concerned, my DFS actually now = BBS

Paul

try shaving in the shower with a fresh blade and heavy handle..I dont get irritation anymore thanx to it..moisture a plenty n makes my lather very slick

B

Back
Top Bottom