Strops

Thanks guys, Yes budget... they do look expensive and nice I contacted him to prices anyway, but for now a £40 will be better, I already spent a lot on the razors and after getting them hone. Hopefully Christmas gives me a nice gift eheh

My first strop was one handmade by a spanish artisan, I have it still. I choosed this option because it was more cheap. Sure there are any english artisan that can make one.

Thanks guys, Yes budget... they do look expensive and nice I contacted him to prices anyway, but for now a £40 will be better, I already spent a lot on the razors and after getting them hone. Hopefully Christmas gives me a nice gift eheh
You can get a budget strop on Ebay from Leather & Stuff for about £15 and the razor sellers also sell beginner strops in the £30 range - but the quality of Westholme will be measurably better than both. Do bear in mind that you will nick your strop (that's will not probably) - so if you do go for the more expensive one make sure you practice stropping with a blunt knife (not serrated) - at least this should minimise the damage.

Back
Top Bottom