Strongest hair styling product availlable in supermarkets/chemists?

slicked-back-undercut-2.jpg

(This isn't me :))

In order to achieve some kind of undercut haircut (I cut my hair myself...:eek:), I need some insight on hair styling products: having very straight hair, I am therefore looking for the strongest hair styling gel/pomade/gel/clay/wax.

Very strong hold
Very long time lasting (8-10 hrs would be perfect)
Budget: less than £10
Widely availlable in supermarkets/chemist chains (Boots, Superdrug)
Preferably matt finish

What are your suggestions?

Dax Red

/end of thread

:D
+1 Spot on and if you want your hair to shine, then buy the Dax blue and apply after doing your hair and you hair will shine like a chrome bumper on a 57' Chevy Bel Air.
There are other pomades that can be purchased through internet like Murray's superior pomade, Murray's beeswax but Dax red is just as good, also don't bother with water based / water soluble pomades in my opinion they are waste of money.

+1 Spot on and if you want your hair to shine, then buy the Dax blue and apply after doing your hair and you hair will shine like a chrome bumper on a 57' Chevy Bel Air.
There are other pomades that can be purchased through internet like Murray's superior pomade, Murray's beeswax but Dax red is just as good, also don't bother with water based / water soluble pomades in my opinion they are waste of money.
Blue as a topper is my approach :) I love the hold of Red, and the shine of Blue.

Sorry, but gotta be Black & White.
Black and White is a great pomade(it says pluko on the tub, what ever that means?) but @Cristobal asked for a strong/very strong hold. Red Dax is much stronger than Black&White, Talking from my experience, B&W will not hold curly or wavey hair as good as red Dax, I would say B&W is a medium to light hold and can be used as a topper to give shine and its wonderful smell.

Black and White is a great pomade(it says pluko on the tub, what ever that means?) but @Cristobal asked for a strong/very strong hold. Red Dax is much stronger than Black&White, Talking from my experience, B&W will not hold curly or wavey hair as good as red Dax, I would say B&W is a medium to light hold and can be used as a topper to give shine and its wonderful smell.
Fair do's. I have dead straight short hair and only use product these days to affect my Tintin ski jump!!

I had a Tintinesque haircut too (my bald patch is smartly camouflaged and I look 20 this way...:rolleyes:) I'll probalbly get back to it this summer, when I'll be fed up with my pathetic attempt to have an undercut.

Last edited:
Fair do's. I have dead straight short hair and only use product these days to affect my Tintin ski jump!!
:) For dead straight hair light, medium to light and medium holds are sufficient or strong enough. For some people with dead straight hair even Brylcreem holds all day.
Black and White is the best smelling hair product in my opinion, shaving soap/cream makers should be inspired by that smell or in other words copy it :)

Back
Top Bottom