Straights collection.. SRAD in full effect!

Over the last few months I've built up a small collection, these are all the ones that are "shave ready"

wqLaN.jpg

From left to right:
  • Gotta 120 5/8*
  • Heljestrand MK No.8*
  • Thiers Issard Spartacus 4/8*
  • Cador Supreme Diamant
  • Gotlieb Hammersfahr
  • Heljestrand Frameback*
  • Anton Winger Jr. 5/8*[/list:u]

* These have their original boxes.

I've still one very rare Heljestrand No. 36 Frameback with ivory scales on it's merry way back from Neil,
    and have about 10 that are not shave ready, which will at one point should get restored. (funds permitting)
    All the blades are lightly oiled, and therefore might look a bit weird in the photos.

UzkJh.jpg

mT3P6.jpg

sSA29.jpg

dEDnA.jpg

FIJtN.jpg

Q3dLU.jpg

I think I should stop buying straights now, I only have one face! :lol: :lol:

Max

Re: Straights collection.. RAD in full effect!

Nice Max! You´re on your way now :lol: Some really cool and competent blades there (and the no 36 is really, really cool! :ugeek:).

Re: Straights collection.. RAD in full effect!

Some very nice blades indeed!

Thats a lovely Gotta.

Besides that I have to inform you I have just done myself harm laughing at your "France is Bacon" Link.

IanM said:
You need help. :lol:

Ian
Ian, I've got all the help I need on this forum, haven't I? :roll: :roll:

oscarbowman said:
Some very nice blades indeed!
Thats a lovely Gotta.
Besides that I have to inform you I have just done myself harm laughing at your "France is Bacon" Link.
Thanks Oscar :D The strange thing is, the gotta has to be my "least favorite" of the bunch... (not that I don't like it!)
The France is Bacon thing had me in stitches for a bit too... :D
Mikael said:
Nice Max! You´re on your way now :lol: Some really cool and competent blades there (and the no 36 is really, really cool! :ugeek:).
The No. 36 is indeed extremely cool, I'll show pics when it gets back from Neil, soon I hope!

I still need some english and some american, and of course a barbers notch, since I haven't got one of them! (could just get an english/american BN)

Thanks guys for the comments :D

Max

And here are some that need a bit of work:

Nr5BG.jpg

bWho3.jpg

A Focke 5/8 with a lovely spine, does have some pitting on the blade, but should be fine.

47aYL.jpg

A Heljestrand (yes, another one of those!) Frameback, will need new scales, because these ones look manky.

7B87b.jpg

A Temmah 6/8 with a nice spine, not very fond of the scales, hence it being put on hold.

HxIqp.jpg

A nice Duisy-Steel 4/8, with nice scales, might be on the list at one point.

RduXX.jpg

A Heljestrand No.32, with a blade that need some work, and ivory scales that are cracked. :(

Expecting a few more bit to arrive soonish...

No idea in which order they'll be restored, and all depends on money of course!
(those that need the least work are done first)

Max

That ivory Heljestrand 32 is a thing of beauty: Neil should be able to match those scales. I'm surprised you don't care for the Gotta so much. One of those paid me a brief visit recently, and I thought it was quite close to the Hammesfahr in terms of flexibility and grinding style, and very handsome too, needless to say.

So, once you've got your barber's notch, you're stopping, eh? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom