Straight Razor Shave of the Day

Enjoyable shave with my Lund near wedge today - I think somewhere I’d read that John & Wm Ragg made these for Lunds. I don’t know but they are wonderful razors.

Hot water preparation
Argan Oil PSO
Savile Row 3824
Ethos Lisse Collection Lavender Shave Soap
Lund near wedge 11/16, er 17.4625mm
AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

Happy shaving - Karl

Some small razor love today. This Lund is Saturday of a four day set. They are what I call midi in size - 9/16 and 2.75” in length instead of the standard 3”. But an edge is an edge regardless of how much steel is behind it and Saturday provided a very efficient and smooth shave

Hot water preparation
Argan Oil PSO
Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Castle Forbes 1445 Shaving Cream
Lund “midi” 9/16 - Saturday
Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel

Happy shaving - Karl

Lol have thought about getting one in the blue too..don’t get me started I have serious issues I just can’t help myself..Hi my name is Jay and I’m a razorholic ! There I’ve said it first step to recovery n all that haha

Yes, I always had good self control but lockdown seems to have broken my resolve and self-denial. I'm not in too much danger of dropping a quarter K on a custom blade but I seem to be finding myself looking at brushes and soaps more than is strictly necessary for maintaining a shipshape face! I feel a Peregrino coming on, just holding off, hoping Shaving Station will bring in the 26mm '80s swimming pool blue' Phantom Aerolite.

Plus, a Damascus Higonokami may just have somehow found its way into a jiffy bag with my address on. And I'm not a bona fide 'collector' of anything as such. It's definitely an 'ism' or an 'itis'!

Last edited:
Oh I see it’s a knife you were referring to thought it was a Damascus razor still look forward to seeing it in the SoTd’s lol