Straight Razor Shave of the Day

1940s Fritz Bracht Tennis 5/8 extra hollow round point.
Wickham Gothic Revival set (soap, splash and balm)
Semogue 820

The brush behaved like a total lather hog today, not sure why, same soap as yesterday. I've given it a good shampooing so hopefully it'll be better at the weekend.

Well, again I've surprised myself pleasantly. The time I spent refreshing this Tennis and the Baurmann was not wasted. OK, again, not perfect. For one thing, I think I've caught the edge on the pocket microscope I used to check it, so that maxim about the act of observing results affecting them is true if you're cack handed! I may have to go back and sort it but I did actually have a pretty good shave with it as it is. The only bit of stubble I could still feel is that bit under the jawbone that's really hard to get with a straight for fear of ending up in A+E or worse! So I could have left it, but just did pickups under there with my 69 flare tip.

Happy virtual Friday before the real Good Friday chaps.
20230406_074546.jpg

Razor Lakeside Cutlery Chicago, ILL
1st use of this newly received razor with a tailor-made scale...I am impressed. It's very comfortable in the hand and easily maneuverable. The jnat edge is surprisingly smooth and crisp...awesome! 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish!
20230410_085458.jpg

Razor John-Bert Cutlery Co "Oilet" Sheffield
Shave with the last of 3 SRs received from Ebay and I am wowed! This rattler can be considered the best...very comfy on both hands and the edge is so buttery soft...yet keen, just awesome!! 3 easy passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230413_202111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom