Straight Razor Gift

Hi All this is the 4000th post in this section.

The previous razor I gave away has come back because Stitch306 didn’t get on with it :cry: . So it has gone to a friend that wants one :) . However the good news for you guys is that I have a straight razor that you can have.

I will be giving it away on Feb 8th the first name out of the hat gets it.

Anybody can enter it is a Larkin razor from America. I bought it about a year ago from SRP because it had a large ding in the blade so I used it for honing practice. I used it for about 3 months and got very good shaves out of it then one day I dropped it in the bathroom so it had another ding in the blade and broken scales :oops: :cry: . I replaced the scales with blue acrylic and rehoned it. I have shaved with it about 10 times and all have been nice smooth shaves with no irritation.

Good luck to the winner. ;)

Exile

Attachments

• Resize Blue Razor.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 284
  • Resize Blue Razor 2.jpg
  • Resize Blue Razor 3.jpg
That's a very nice gesture and a fine looking razor however I don't want in on the draw.

Good luck to those that do though!

Thats a selfless thing to do. You could easily flog it for a bit of cash.
Please count me in, I'm looking to get into straight shaving, but reluctant to spend too much cash at the moment ( haven't got any) :D

markyboy said:
Thats a selfless thing to do. You could easily flog it for a bit of cash.
Please count me in, I'm looking to get into straight shaving, but reluctant to spend too much cash at the moment ( haven't got any) :D

It might be a nice idea to pop over to the welcome forum and introduce yourself.

Regards

Ian

Another very generous giveaway Exile: good show sir. I'll pass on the draw since I have a couple of razors in use now, but I'd like to offer a little something else to the winner if he'd like.

Neil Miller has let me have three strops to try out on the understanding that I start a passaround once I've decided what I want, so I'm offering them to whoever gets the razor, and he can pass them on in due course. They aren't the finished article but they're perfectly serviceable and have served me as a good stopgap. From top to bottom: oiled English bridle leather (lots of draw); tallow tanned and latigo (both finishing strops). I'll cover the postage of course. Best of luck to everyone.

Attachments

• 3 strops.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom