Straight razor - anyone willing to sharpen mine?

Hi all.
I bought a cheap straight razor a few months back. I've never had a straight before and am about a rookie as you can get. I wanted a cheap one in case I damaged it or didn't enjoy straight razors.
Bought a 6000 and 1000 grit whetstone and a leather strop.
I knew that it probably wouldn't be shave ready despite being advertised as such. I cannot find the item in my ebay (or Amazon) purchase history now but it was around £30 and claimed it was honed in the UK and better than the cheap Chinese razors (even though it almost certainly was one, maybe just sharpened over here?).
It's probably past the point of being eligible for return to the seller.

Despite me watching videos on how to hone and me doing around 250 laps (?) on both grits combined the blade is completely useless. It doesn't pass the hanging hair test. I can't cut a sheet of paper with it.

I don't know if anyone can help. I think I am passed the point of doing it myself. I'd want to post it to someone who can get it up and running so I can hopefully just maintain it going forward.

Happy to post photos if anyone in the UK is willing to take delivery of it and sort it out, but don't want to pay lots as I'd have postage there and back to pay for as well.

I would have a look at it for you, if it has major defects then I will just return it, major defects inclued warped spine or blade, cracked blade or pitting on or too near the edge, send a foto if you like.
Bob.

Still not had it honed …lol
Yeah sorry about that Bob. It was kind of you to offer but there's been a lot going on including moving home, which is still in progress.
Boxes everywhere: some in storage, some at the new place, some still at the old place for now.
The straight razor is somewhere in one of those boxes. Despite efforts late last year to create an inventory of everything and organise my chaos I'm not sure where the razor is... at least at the moment.
If/when I find it I will message you again but I'd understand if you didn't want to hone it given how much time has elapsed.

I’m sort of in the same boat as the OP. Sorry if I’m hijacking this thread. I have a cheap GD straight to experiment SR shaving. Still need to get a strop but preferably a used one but more importantly would like to have the razor honed. Would prefer or EU to try and keep costs down. Anyone able to help with honing and/or a used strop ?
Thanks fellas

Back
Top Bottom