Stoke-Sub-Hamdon May Fair

I have a table/ stall there on Bank holiday Monday, if anyone is in the vicinity - it's in Somerset and not very far from Taunton. So if anyone is in that area and fancies sniffing before they buy, and getting it without paying for P & P....I'm talking soap....feel free to drop by.
I feel like I'm run ragged this week; Stoke-on Trent last Monday with work, Chelsea flower show yesterday, table at the school gate tomorrow in aid of Yushu, then S-S-H next Monday in aid of me....although I'm fearful I won't make the petrol money back. Still, it will be an education for the grandchildren who will be accompanying me. And if it rains, it could of course be very entertaining for onlookers...although the organisers have promised me a gazebo :)

I felt a disturbance in The Force myself; nothing went according to plan, and what should have been a straight forward 1 hour job took most of the day. But that's life, and we can only hope the forthcoming event goes a little smoother.....although with bank holiday traffic, I'm doubting it!

I'm drowning right now in Bab Dylan You Tube.....but have heard he is very disappointing live for many years past. Unlike the other poet, Leonard Cohen, who I hear can drone it out as good as he always could. Hoping to have a stalll at the Hop Farm festival, where Dylan and Van the Man will be playing. And my new favourite, Laura Marling. I just can't resist good lyrics, especially when sung by people who sing so you can understand the words.

Dylan can't sing, but he can write.

Every Bob Dylan song that I have heard has always been performed better when another artist covers it.

Only my opinion, you understand. I know a lot of people love him.

Ian

I once shared a car from London to south Cheshire with a man listening to Leonard Cohen. Never again shall I knowingly or voluntarily listen to that man's music.

Cheese Dave, you disappoint me........I thought you had a secret poet in you.
Moody Mick; what's wrong with Folk Hippy Shite???

All right, I'll admit to an occasional liking for Laughin' Leonard. Dylan I can take or leave, mostly the latter, but the one who really hacks me off is Van Morrison - can't abide him.

I like Paolo Nutini as well. :eek:
I seem to be in a minority of one in my musical tastes. Never mind, have driven the 150 miles or so back from S S H without any major bank hol delays, and despite making a minor loss, given the smallness of the event, and the cost of deisel, am reassuring myself that it was an advertising expense.
Much more important issue was concerning me all day, which I will now post as a new topic under the heading 'Psychosis'. And no, despite what you might think, it's not MY psychosis.

Back
Top Bottom