Spit 'n' Polish

jds

So, I'm polishing my shoes with Parade gloss and they are coming up great. Thing is I'd love to know how those military men get their shoes and boots so darn shiny with a mirror finish. I have tried the spit and circular polish motion but it never gets anywhere near the finish I know our fighting men achieve. What is the secret?

Thanks,

Jon

I spent my first 12 years of military service in the welsh guards. Here is the secret to shiny drill boots.

*sylvette jewellers cloth stick in every washing load for a week to soften

1. Brush polish and shine.
2. Layer up boots with polish and fingers, a little at a time so that the polish drys on boot with little finger print marks.
3. OPTIONAL lightly melt polish with a blow torch
4. Take sylvette jewellers cloth, soak in warm water and squeeze all water out so you have a barely damp cloth. Wrap two fingers around cloth dab in boot polish and rub boots so they shine. A bit of spit or dab in water where necessary.

You will eventually have shiny boots.
5. For final shine "water bull". This involves putting boot under a slow cold tap, using a cotton wool ball to rub water into boot. Once done shake all water off and use damp cotton wool ball to dab off any balls of water.

Additionally when polishing use a tooth brush to get into welks of boots.

Alternatively after step 1 apply clear floor polish with a cotton wool ball and pray it does not rain.

Step 6. Always carry a photo of you in tunic when out drinking. When a girl doesn't believe what you do for a living,whip it out.*

*the photo that is.

..[/align]

Al H said:
I spent my first 12 years of military service in the welsh guards. Here is the secret to shiny drill boots.

*sylvette jewellers cloth stick in every washing load for a week to soften

1. Brush polish and shine.
2. Layer up boots with polish and fingers, a little at a time so that the polish drys on boot with little finger print marks.
3. OPTIONAL lightly melt polish with a blow torch
4. Take sylvette jewellers cloth, soak in warm water and squeeze all water out so you have a barely damp cloth. Wrap two fingers around cloth dab in boot polish and rub boots so they shine. A bit of spit or dab in water where necessary.

You will eventually have shiny boots.
5. For final shine "water bull". This involves putting boot under a slow cold tap, using a cotton wool ball to rub water into boot. Once done shake all water off and use damp cotton wool ball to dab off any balls of water.

Additionally when polishing use a tooth brush to get into welks of boots.

Alternatively after step 1 apply clear floor polish with a cotton wool ball and pray it does not rain.

Step 6. Always carry a photo of you in tunic when out drinking. When a girl doesn't believe what you do for a living,whip it out.*

That's great, many thanks. I had heard that a blow torch could be used, but never thought this could be true. Wrong again.
I'll try this out when I've located the jewellers cloth.

Regards,

Jon

*the photo that is.

..[/align]

http://www.globalmilitarysupplies.co.uk/products/Selvyt,-Sylvette,-Sylvet-Boot-Polishing-Cloth.html

That's the one you'll get it cheaper elsewhere

Normal kiwi black is better than their parade gloss.

Would never use anything other than kiwi

Al H said:
http://www.globalmilitarysupplies.co.uk/products/Selvyt,-Sylvette,-Sylvet-Boot-Polishing-Cloth.html

That's the one you'll get it cheaper elsewhere

Normal kiwi black is better than their parade gloss.

Would never use anything other than kiwi

Thanks for that. I won't waste the extra £1 or so to buy Parade Gloss in future.

Great information.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom