Speick AS Balm

This stuff sounds good and is well priced but does it leave a greasy residue? (big no no for me)

My benchmark is Clinique Post Shave Healer but it's pricey. King of Shaves Balm is non greasy but I am not always keen on menthol for a balm.

Any other sub tenner, non greasy recommendations?

Thanks

Yeah two types of Gillette Balm "Sensitive" and "Conditioning" on sale in Asda for £4.00, but even better, on sale on Poundland for....erm well......er.......a pound !

Asda do there own Pump bottle Balm for £1.79, smells good and leaves the skin real nice.

yeah it's all cheap stuff, but it works.

i personally only like and use the Proraso Milk (alcohol free).

Steve

Proraso is a great choice, very soothing, as is the Speick - both of which i use. People have also been complimentary about the stuff in Body Shop (that they will do you a sample of if you ask), but i have not used it personally. A cheapy, but goody for me is Nivea Sensitive (usually on offer somewhere), at the end of the day your skin type may or may not suit the same products as me - try 'em :?

Peter,

IMG_1257.jpg

The Speick after shave balm is not greasy, I do not think you will have an issue with that. Its scent is just a bit stronger that what you'd expect from an after shave balm, and compared to what the competition offers.

The Speick Intensive Creme is probably not for you - this is much thicker and leaves the face feeling kind of 'sticky' afterwards. Of course it lasts for the whole day and if you're out on low temperatures it will protect your face much more. Usually this creme is slightly reduced in some vendors, couple of $ lower if I remember correctly. Both Speick products have a "9 month" usage sign at the back.

The Nivea Sensitive after shave balm is a product with a fairly good and balanced mix of ingredients but after a while feels and leaves my face not as smooth as other balms do. Not sure why this happens but again this is just me.

The Nivea Sensitive after shave cream is again thicker and for colder temperatures. As it is a cream you should not apply a lot but don't expect anything spectacular in performance and you should normally get a slight greasy feeling in your face afterwards.

The Weleda After Shave Balm is quite rich and you must apply little otherwise you end up over-moisturizing your face. It is a slightly more expensive product but quite heavy for a balm so I wouldn't recommend that either.

The L'Oreal Men Expert Sensitive has surprised me. It is smooth, offers pretty nice and lasting moisturizing without going over the top and feeling greasy at all. I cannot say anything on the ingredients, I would imagine it is not as natural as Speick but for its price does a very nice job.

Same applies for The Body Shop Maca Root Razor Burn Relief. Lightly scented, matches a number of various soaps and after shaves and offers good relief for the burden a DE blade has given to your face during shaving. I need to try this product more, but can say its price (excluding any special discounts or offers) is kind of slightly above the mean on the products discussed here.

Last but not least, the Proraso. A standard balm, does not impress but on the other hand does the job. While I find the Proraso after shave lotion a bit sticky immediately upon application, I cannot say the same about the balm.

From the products above, I would say that at the moment the ones used more frequently in the rotation (cold climate here) are the L'Oreal, Proraso and Body Shop. The Weleda is for colder weather and the cremes are always mixed with the corresponding after shave before being applied to the face.

No it doesn't leave a greasy residue, but you have to use it very sparingly as a little goes a long way.

Quite a strong scent for a balm as well, not bad but not quite like the rest of the range either.

Very good though. :hungrig

This might be a bit random, but I quite like 'Gentleman's Pride'. The missus got into 'Forever Living' stuff for a while, and she got me some. I find it pretty good, and I also like its scent as well...

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom