Special offer Lord Blades at La Barbiera

La Barbiera have Racer Super Platinum and Rainbow on offer for £3.99 for a 100.

@pjgh
Paul have you used these? What were your thoughts?

@pjgh yes you have!

@pjgh

Duly enabled, thanks for the heads-up! Although it's my avatar I've only tried the regular (Stainless) Racer's, looking forward to trying the Platinum (class) version.

Thanks very much for this!

I just ordered 100 of each and still offered a free delivery option despite spending less than £8!

Like Weean I've only tried the stainless version of the Racers.

I'm doing so well with 2024 shaving purchases restraint

Last edited:

@pjgh yes you have!
I have indeed! Yes, I like 'em a lot! If we're really splitting hairs, I'd say it's "a classy Lord Platinum".

I used a couple of Rainbow a few years ago and found them to be pretty good blades.
I found them about on a par with the regular Lord Stainless and/or the OK Stainless branding ... which is not bad thing. They're a sound, good and honest Super (Class) Stainless blade. Tempted, but I think I'm just going to bag the Racer Platinum deal as I have a LOT of Lord Stainless class blades.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Mine just arrived, which is pretty good going. Unfortunately recently started a new blade, but I look forward to trying these some time next week.

From the text on the back of the tucks, I think these were intended for the Turkish market.

Mine just arrived, which is pretty good going. Unfortunately recently started a new blade, but I look forward to trying these some time next week.

From the text on the back of the tucks, I think these were intended for the Turkish market.
Dammit, it's those blades that are only properly finished on one edge: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/big-ben-differential-edge-sharpness.46390/

Only half the bargain it first appeared! Hopefully the Rainbows others have bought are ok - the only tuck of Rainbows I ever tried were fine. Historically they were a Sotraco brand rather than Lord, which may have made a difference.

This time round found the Rainbow to be fine for two shaves. Sharp enough but not the sharpest. Basically a decent daily shaver but nothing more.

The Racer I like more. I've had two shaves out of one so far and found them to be a lot smoother and there's still life left in it for another blade. I used the stainless version years ago and liked them but prefer these Platinum Supers.

I did a repeat order and added the Ladas. I used them years ago (and once recently by coincidence) as well and found them to be decent too.

@pjgh

Thanks for posting...
The last Rainbow's I purchased were not good, but they may not have been stored properly. We shall see with this new batch. Lord stainless (ASCO & Shark) are amongst my favourite blades. Great deal from La Barbiera.

Last edited:
Dammit, it's those blades that are only properly finished on one edge: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/big-ben-differential-edge-sharpness.46390/

Only half the bargain it first appeared! Hopefully the Rainbows others have bought are ok - the only tuck of Rainbows I ever tried were fine. Historically they were a Sotraco brand rather than Lord, which may have made a difference.
That's from a shave, I take it?

I'm looking at one of mine under the best magnification I can do and I'm not seeing anything of concern. But, a shave will most definitely tell all.

As a giggle, since Lord do make a good number of single side Barber blade packs, I wonder ... do the sell the good or the bad halves? :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom