Source of Badger Hair Knots

Ids

Soon I'm going to be looking for a couple 2 band badger hair knots(22mm or 24mm), I've seen The Golden Nib is quite well regarded, are there any good UK based suppliers or has anyone dealt direct with China for knots?

Fido's going to answer....you can deal with China direct but you'll need to order in bulk. I think TBN is still the place to buy one or two knots.

As far as I'm aware, TGN is the only independent, reliable, affordable supplier of a huge selection of shaving brush knots, in single or low volume quantities. Apart from that, most brands will supply individual knots. I'm pretty sure Shavemac (DE) and Vulfix (UK - actually Isle of Man) do; others will undoubtedly also do. Other than that, you'll have to order in bulk (or request samples) from China.

I'm not aware of any 'independent' (i.e. not a brush manufacturer) UK supplier of knots; in the US, several woodturning suppliers do, but none has the selection, quality or price TGN does.

Cheers for that, I managed to get one from Peter hopefully it will fit!
I'm seeing a gap in the Market though, a UK version of TGN.

I think you have Ids.

I want to re knot my EJ best badger. I love the handle shape just find the thing too floppy.

I think a visit to TGN is on order :D

Back
Top Bottom