SOTD

I got a care / get well soon package sent from friends in Italy in which there was some shaving soap and a new Mastro Livi razor I'm a British only cutthroat razor shaver but its from friends so I tryed it this morning.
To start wash hot soap and water
Even hotter towell
New cella sapon de barbe
Lathered up nice with Badger brush
Now the razor well Mr Livi your razor suits my stubble the edge its a hard sharp and has a tiny bit of tug/grip on the whiskers The way I like it so sorry all it wont be going up for sale.
I'm also using some lime after shave from package sweet smelling just like barbers in Italy I went to.
Well I feel better and can't wait till I'm back visiting the this year.

Good friends you have there OBG.........you need to get cracking for next week, we're supposed to be having some summer then............ Well, according to the weather forecasters we are....

I must say I have yet to see a Livi razor that I like the look of, not that if someone gave me one as a gift I would turn it down:)
I have the Cella in my rotation at the moment, really into the almond at the and it's a good performer.

Lime aftershave...yes that's right up my street too. You have good taste!

Have you ever tried a Filarmonica razor? Hard and very sharp is how I would describe them.

jaycey said:
I must say I have yet to see a Livi razor that I like the look of, not that if someone gave me one as a gift I would turn it down:)
I have the Cella in my rotation at the moment, really into the almond at the and it's a good performer.

Lime aftershave...yes that's right up my street too. You have good taste!

Have you ever tried a Filarmonica razor? Hard and very sharp is how I would describe them.
I'm a Britsh razor shaver first one I've ever used. Its how it keeps the edge and hones that'll show if its good steel.

OBG....From your wealth of experience, which old British blades would you say stand out from the others...The reason I ask is, I'm considering buying one for my son, who uses a straight...Hopefully it'll be something he can use, treasure, and keep..

Thanks OBG....My Grandfather and Great Grandfather always used Taylors Blades.......All I have is a pocket knife that goes everywhere with me...The steels not as good as the old stuff, but it does for what I need..

Back
Top Bottom