SOTD wc Saturday 10th - Friday 16th August 2013

20130810.jpg

Today's shave

Gillette FatBoy (set on No 5)
Feather Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Cedarwood & Vetyver shaving soap
Floris No89

Went out to BlueWater with the wife and kids had a fun day out, how ever some female wanted to spray me with a free sample of smelly shit.

I took the time to explain that I am already wearing Floris No 89 and I didn't think that whatever crap she was attempting to spray in my direction was going to mix none to well, she then gave it some thought, and decided spraying me wasn't in her best interest, I was amused as she had to rember the Floris brand, and gave me a nod and a smile when she worked it out :icon_rolleyes: the youth of today.

Aristocrat 15 with Scottish Permasharp and Astra Superior Platinum
Fume shaving soap
Turkish no. 6
Scent from Heaven Grapefruit a/s gel

Not bad. Quite a few nicks but only from going ATG. Still have to concentrate not to get too sore yet still get close. Probably relegate this to an every other day shaver.

Going basic today. Some VDH Deluxe/Glycerin blend, my EMJ synthetic brush, a pre-war fat handle Tech, and a fresh Super Iridium Extra Stainless blade. It's all good stuff, but it's also a bunch of straightforward, no nonsense gear.

Two and a half passes to perfection. All it took was a wtg/atg and a little clean up on my neck. I finished up with a cold water rinse and some T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel. BBS skin with zero nicks and zero irritation. The Tech is so easy to use that I could shave with my eyes closed, the VDH blend works great every time, the EMJ brush is perfect for face lathering, and the SI blade is smooth and efficient. It was an excellent weekend shave.

Pre: Hot shower and warm water splash
Razor: Gillette pre-war fat handle Tech
Blade: Super Iridium Extra Stainless
Brush: Every Man Jack synthetic
Soap: Van Den Hagen Deluxe/Glycerin blend

[attachment=8195]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376173778453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376173778453.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 46
Saturday night

Myrsol emulsion
Prop pre shave
Gillette face wash
Kent BK2 brush
T&H no 10 cream
Merkur progress @4
Rapira pink (1)
Alum and witch hazel
Musgo no 3 after shave

Great shave except took a lump out of my lip when not concentrating!

Sunday 11th August

Prep: Hot shower, aloe Vera soap on beard area
Brush: Omega 98
Soap: Lea Stick grated, bowl lathered (as intended with this brush)
Bowl: SW Suribachi
Razor: EJ89 Barley
Blade: Rainbow (1)

This brush is a monster. I loaded for a bit longer than usual, around a minute in total, then set off to the suribachi (mentioned it earlier as to having not used it in such a long time due to face lathering so whipped it out for another go). I had lather everywhere. As this is a 'professional barbers' brush I reckon he could mix it up in the morning and use the same lather for every shave that day. I only did 2 passes, but had enough on the brush for probably 5, and a bowl full of lather too. The Lea is very very good. I used it the once before as a stick, but the results this way are much better. Lots of slip and slide, and very protective too, not to mention the mountains of the stuff I had. The rainbow blade was another first for me, as I accidentally acquired some and thought I'd test them out. Very nice indeed. I think I have a face made for cheap blades, as they all seem to work really well on me. I'm not complaining though. The scent of the Floid is really nice, I can't describe it as I'm useless at that, but I know I like it :icon_razz:

Nice, smooth, Sunday shave.

Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Personna Med Prep (2)
Semogue SOC boar
Vito's Extra Super Coconut
Proraso Aftershave balm

Not the best of shaves, but I was horrifically hungover. The Vito's performed excellently - I really like its subtle soapy scent. Italian soap tends to work splendidly with a boar brush and this is no exception. Do I prefer it to Cella? Quite possibly.

Simpson "The Hive" Manchurian
Floris JF Shaving Soap
Tiffany Bowl
Edwin Jagger Ivory Chatsworth
Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue SP
Myrsol Agua de Limon
Penhaligon's Endymion Aftershave Balm

Sunday 08-11-13. MUSIC: David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (1973).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qwabl180_I[/video]

2d20d410-ae45-4baa-bd3b-704316f106be.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 2 best badger - Merkur 37C Slant - Iridium Super #2 - Pre Proraso mentol - Shaving soap Queen's Charlotte Soaps Vostok - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Myrsol Emulsión - ASL Myrsol Fórmula K.

NotTheStig said:

Not bad. Quite a few nicks but only from going ATG. Still have to concentrate not to get too sore yet still get close.

A while back hissingskunk was nice enough to lend me his #15 to shut that monkey up. Never got along with it and was glad to know the deal on those.

Sell the goofy thing.........buy more blades.

Re: RE: SOTD wc Saturday 10th - Friday 16th August 2013

dodgy said:
NotTheStig said:

Not bad. Quite a few nicks but only from going ATG. Still have to concentrate not to get too sore yet still get close.

A while back hissingskunk was nice enough to lend me his #15 to shut that monkey up. Never got along with it and was glad to know the deal on those.

Sell the goofy thing.........buy more blades.

I am considering it. Weird thing is the closed comb 66 felt draggy but not aggressive whereas this feels aggressive but not draggy.
What I want is a razor that performs like a Progress but is as well made and stylish as an early English Aristocrat.

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: Fatboy (6)

A couple of nicks, still trying to find the best setting and angle with this one. Shaves more aggressive than the pass around one.

mattyb240 said:
Razor: Fatboy (6)

A couple of nicks, still trying to find the best setting and angle with this one. Shaves more aggressive than the pass around one.

Yep, that's happened to me also. Pretty strange they don't all shave the same eh? I woulda thought all of the same model adjustables would shave real similar, but it's not always the case.

Back
Top Bottom