13/11/19

Soap - Signature Soaps Peppermint
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft Style 24mm/Barbershop Handle
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Feather (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Replenishing
AS - Akcay Tobacco

Today's was one of the occasional ones where it all seemed to come together delightfully. The lather was truly exceptional, a rare one I didn't have to add any water to the lather after loading my brush (soaked a pea sized amount of soap with a little water) but the lather was perfect for slickness and cushion, and had enough for a perfect 3.5 passes. The Feather in the FHT was largely incredibly smooth and efficient, but I've noticed the Feather seems to have a few moments where it feels a little rough at times, but nothing of exception but I didn't have even the slightest post shave irritation or even much burn when I put on the splash.
A really delightful shave, one of the ones which serves as a reminder to why this particular hobby can be one of such great pleasure.

Wednesday 13th November
Yaqi Aluminium Tux - Rose of Bulgaria cream - General Al - Schick Proline P â„–5 - Alum - Rose of Bulgaria A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
s4GmP4d.jpg

Had a tooth extraction this morning, so had to wait for anaesthetic to wear off before this shave. Sharp blades and numb face definitely don't mix. I was rewarded with a very smooth, close result.

Never mind the shave, some great accompanying music there

Prep bath and face washed with Dove shower gel.
Pre shave: Proraso white pre shave cream
Brush: omega 49 boar brush
Soap: Proraso green bowl lathered
Razor: Merkur 37C slant
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Post shave: cold water splash, alum block, cold water rinse.
Balm: LEA (free sample)
Aftershave: Tabac

BBS shave which I find easy with 3 passes of the 37C. I'll use this Astra blade once more before ditching it for a new one.

Wednesday AM 2019-11-13

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Simpson Somerset Chubby 3 Extra Super (Manchurian) (30/62)
Harrods by Floris shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB Mirror-Polished 0.80/WRH1
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (9)
Col. Conk Almond aftershave balm

A great shave. The old brush has less backbone than my Rooney Finests but enough to make lathering of the soap quite easy. The razor probably would be too aggressive for me with just about any other blade, but with the Swede it was excellent.
LPlhbZL.jpg

r2Cgbu8.jpg

I wondered A. - what the backgrounds were - some nice pop art - I got the Pink Floyd one - but have no idea what the rest were. Yours - I.
Thanks I, pleased you enjoyed them.
I started with some of my Little Feat collection with covers designed by Neon Park, one of which is my avatar. Google him to find out more interesting art. You may recognise 'Weasels ripped my flesh' by The Mothers of Invention. The one with the hand was 'Solid Air' by John Martyn.
I'm looking for more suitable covers in my collection.

14th November 2019.

c.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Turkish Unbranded Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap: Derby Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette 7'0 Clock SharpEdge.(2)

Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Yelken ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Early cold water bracing invigorating shave.

The derby shave stick provided a slick protective protective lather in a short space of time..Turkish shave sticks may not get top marks for their fragrance, but for practical performance,slickness and post shave feel from these humble shave sticks are a joy to use...The 7'0Clock sharpEdge has paired together superbly with each razor this week.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom