Sotd : Saturday 9th to friday 15 November 2019

F49CC987-A1A6-4977-A3C2-CC97D70F4D84.jpeg
Excellent shave this morning. R-41 for the face and Vector for the noggin scrape. Two pass BBS for the face and one pass DFS for the dome. First run with the R-41 which delivered an unbelievably close face shave! I now understand the hype about this razor!

SOTD 11/09/19

RAZORS: R-41 w/ RR Bulldog handle(face) and Blackland Vector (head)
BLADE: Voskhod
PRESHAVE: Coldwater rinse followed by PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Preshave Cube soap
BRUSH: Omega Pro 48
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash of face andhead w/ MWF followed by Aqua Velva on both

9/11/19

Soap - MWF
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Feather (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Replenishing
AS - Akcay Tobacco

A bit of a landmark shave today, the first one where I have used a Feather blade to success without the blade biting or feeling too rough, it was still a little rough at times but much less rough/uncontrollably sharp than the other times I'd attempted using the blade (which was only twice). I think in that time not only has my technique improved but I probably paired the blade to the right razor this time around. I'd had the mindset it was the sharpest blade out there but I think there are a few others that around the same bracket for sharpness.
I'm really enjoying my FHT more and more with each shave it seems. I found it a little too mild to begin with but with a sharp blade and the right angle it's incredibly efficient and with the Feather today I had a very comfortable 3 pass shave.

Anyway chaps, have a good weekend.

09/11/19

Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM (1)
Brush: Oumo SHD Manchurian 24mm Fan
Soap: GFT Spanish Leather
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: L'Oréal Skin Purifier
ASB: Prep Cream

IMG_20191109_143756.jpg

Today was the day I lost my SE virginity. I approached the basin with the same trepidation I had the first time I ever reached for my 34C. The Oumo brush was great and made a fantastic smelling lather of the Spanish Leather. It was time!

A bit like any first encounter, I was a bit shit, there was a bit (a fair bit!) of blood and I wasn't expecting to make the sounds I made when I put the aftershave on. That said I won't give up as there was something strangely enjoyable about it. Probably the trickiest bit was adjusting to the shallower angle compared to a DE.

09/11/19

Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: GEM (1)
Brush: Oumo SHD Manchurian 24mm Fan
Soap: GFT Spanish Leather
Pre: Proraso Red
ASL: L'Oréal Skin Purifier
ASB: Prep Cream

View attachment 48901

Today was the day I lost my SE virginity. I approached the basin with the same trepidation I had the first time I ever reached for my 34C. The Oumo brush was great and made a fantastic smelling lather of the Spanish Leather. It was time!

A bit like any first encounter, I was a bit shit, there was a bit (a fair bit!) of blood and I wasn't expecting to make the sounds I made when I put the aftershave on. That said I won't give up as there was something strangely enjoyable about it. Probably the trickiest bit was adjusting to the shallower angle compared to a DE.
The Oneblade doesn't count as an SE!

Saturday 9th November
Yaqi Moka Express - Creightons Ultra-Rich cream - TNNSER 3D - GEM SSC â„–8 - Alum - Superdrug Forest Fresh A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
yP3JKum.jpg

The Creightons cream, generously gifted by Brian @culcreuch, produced a lovely warm lather in my Giles scuttle. Very comforting in this cold spell.

Saturday AM 2019-11-09

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Crabtree & Evelyn For Men shaving soap (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB 1.15/WRH2
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (5)
Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo aftershave

Another excellent shave. The soap is gradually losing its love-it-or-leave-it scent but still makes great lather. The WR2 is just as efficient and perhaps a bit smoother than my WR1 razors. And the aftershave is quite good, although it seems not much different than the original AdG.
8zSFVhJ.jpg

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Palmolive Stick
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson Classic and Topaz (2)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter/Lotion
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Shave number 2 with the Wilkinson Classic and a Topaz blade.

Used the Palmolive Stick directly onto my face and then lathered up from there, this is a great product, I have some expensive creams and potions waiting to be used but happy with my Palmolive.

The Topaz/Wilkie combo is borderline, very safe but almost too mild, I could really do with a shave every 12 hours, time soon for a more aggressive razor.

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Palmolive Stick
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson Classic and Topaz (2)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter/Lotion
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Shave number 2 with the Wilkinson Classic and a Topaz blade.

Used the Palmolive Stick directly onto my face and then lathered up from there, this is a great product, I have some expensive creams and potions waiting to be used but happy with my Palmolive.

The Topaz/Wilkie combo is borderline, very safe but almost too mild, I could really do with a shave every 12 hours, time soon for a more aggressive razor.
The Wilkie shaves just fine with a sharper blade!

Saturday, 9 November 2019

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: GFT Violet
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

A really nice BBS shave. Enjoy the weekend, in spite of the rain.

Back
Top Bottom